Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 3D Support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have a number of videos in 3D now, all ripped to full 1080p 3D (3840x1080 SBS). On windows, these play perfectly using the new 3D features in 13. However, when I try and play these on any android device, I hear the audio, but just get a black screen, whatever 3D mode I select for playback (even 2D mode).

I understand that on windows XBMC is shrinking the 3840 to 1080 for output, so each 3D frame is upscaled 960, but it works. On other devices the same file has the 3840 converted into full 1920 wide full HD and is sent as Frame Packing to my projector, so I want to keep my files like this. Maybe one day XBMC will also support this. However, for now, I'd like the android version to at least be able to play the files, as the windows version can.

Is this possible?
Frame packing is (in general) unsupported on Android, so the box has to be able to decode 4K first to be able to downscale FSBS/FHTAB to 1080p.
AFAIK, only the latest amlogic SoC's are able to do so.

The workaround is to re-rip in 1080p SBS or HTAB.