Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: update frodo to gotham on Android MX Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm using an Android MX TV Box and I recently updated the firmware but this didn't update Frodo to Gotham as I'd hoped. I find that many addons don't like Frodo and I would like to upgrade to Gotham. I downloaded the file "android/arm/xbmc-13.1-Gotham-armeabi-v7a.apk" but it won't load with the error "has the same signature as another file" (something like that)
Can someone please direct me to the correct file, the system info says that I've got an ARM processor but I'm not sure if I got the Android platform correct.
Thanks in advance.
you would need to unistall current version before installing 13.1 (because you have a non Team XBMC version installed)
Many thanks Martin - that worked ok.
(2014-06-11, 11:58)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]you would need to unistall current version before installing 13.1 (because you have a non Team XBMC version installed)

Hello,

I uninstalled Frodo v.12.3 and installed Gotham ... but I don't know the path for Gotham in Android system (where can I find installed Gotham ??)
In Frodo that was: Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/ ... How is in Gotham Huh

Best regards
(2014-06-15, 15:31)ponciak Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-06-11, 11:58)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]you would need to unistall current version before installing 13.1 (because you have a non Team XBMC version installed)

Hello,

I uninstalled Frodo v.12.3 and installed Gotham ... but I don't know the path for Gotham in Android system (where can I find installed Gotham ??)
In Frodo that was: Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/ ... How is in Gotham Huh

Best regards

It should be the same pretty much. Make sure you have show hidden files on for your device but you should be able to find in the same path.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Userdata
Hi all,

Recently picked up an MX Box as well, and have found the same issue here, but I CANNOT uninstall the old version to allow Gotham installation!

Not sure if they've changed the base image since your version, was there a trick to uninstalling?

Thanks.
I have just recently purchased a MX Android 4.2.2 TV box, and I had XBMC 13.2 on it but now it has just disappeared can anybody help please. this might just be a easy fix?