Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Clear Cache in XBMC Gotham?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,
I search and the internet and tried some youtube videos in hope to clear my cache and/or extend it, but so far I have failed to find XBMC maintenance tool. Anyone can show me to clear the cache and extend it? I am using the latest
XBMC Gotham 13.1
MillhouseVH´s Texture Cache Maintenance utility is a very nice utility.
You need to have Python installed and run it in a terminal.

I don´t think there is any other utility that does this.
He's talking about video cache. The only video cache that XBMC uses is cleared out the moment playback is stopped. There are some add-ons that use a sloppy local file cache that sometimes requires manual cleanup, but those add-ons violate our forum rules (wiki), so no help with that here.
Yep, did not read that one properly... :S
(2014-06-12, 23:29)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]He's talking about video cache. The only video cache that XBMC uses is cleared out the moment playback is stopped. There are some add-ons that use a sloppy local file cache that sometimes requires manual cleanup, but those add-ons violate our forum rules (wiki), so no help with that here.

oh, I was looking for mashup cache then. Thanks anyways,
so any video you play through XBMC that is cached will be cleared ? whether its HLS or rtmp stream ?

or can a plugin force video cache to be stored to the so called "sloppy local file" ?

why would anyone use sloppy local file cache method.. whats the purpose of doing that ? bad writting ? or misuse of resources to own plugin ?

i plan to install the soclled 0 cache advanced xml. But will this require me to clear cache manually ?

Why is xbmc not making 0 cache feature as an option in settings ? when the bandwidth is great it download ahead of the movie, so when bandwidth becomes less, it will average out as we have downloaded ahead. I could understand this feature being disabled 5-10 years ago when bandwidth was costly for users. Now everyone has more or less unlimited bandwidth so whats the problem ?

I am just tired of "cache full". When i watch lets say 3 hour clip and 1st hour is great and when the time is 8pm and 100 people join the internet in my area and the speed slow down... and i can no longer watch.
1. yes and yes

2. yes

3. I'm not sure

4. I'm hoping it is added to the GUI as an advanced or expert setting now that we've shown how well it has been working for the past version. Before then it was a bit experimental, but now it seems to have proven itself to be very useful and stable. I think.