Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android Tv box with xbmc preinstalled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Got stuck with problem for couple days now :-( I bought Mx android tv box with Xbmc preinstalled.

I would like to upgrade to new version from frodo to gotham but I cant :-( When i do upgrade it says: Package file was not signed correctly. Uninstall the previous copy of the app and try again :-(

I tried to uninstall xbmc but its no option uninstall in the setup just disable.
Please help, i am very annoyed :-(

xbmc is SysMaster Tornado XBMC

Thank you!
c.
Go back to your supplier and get annoyed with them.
or go to settings >xbmc>uninstall then install gotham
Ok, I went to settings>Xbmc> and what can I see is Force stop or Disable. Its not uninstall option there :-(

Impossible to uninstall? What about any remover working on android?...
leave well alone hd will not run properly
(2014-06-15, 13:54)frank kelly Wrote: [ -> ]leave well alone hd will not run properly

I dont understand, Can you explain please?
try settings apps xbmc then click xbmc then uninstall
Its no option uninstall in settings->xbmc Its only DISABLE.
you have to click on the xbmc or highlight xbmc with remote then select then uninstall i have 3 android boxes and all are different and all do have uninstall
It appears as if the firmware provider has installed this as a System App.

Maybe you can find a compatible firmware that does not have XBMC pre-installed.
Ok. @imott you were right. Firmware was with XBMC as system app thats why I could uninstall it. I download firmware with no XBMC and install that program from XBMC website. Everything works fine.
Thanks for your help everyone!
:-)
Hi Cordell

I have a similar issue. Can you please help? What firmware did you download?

Thanks