Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC Not showing up on TV from Laptop
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I connect my laptop to my tv, XBMC shows up on the laptop but does not show up on my tv.

Everything else shows up on the tv, screen background, icons but not XBMC. What do I need to do to get this working where XBMC will show up on my tv and not just on my laptop. Laptop is Dell Inspiron 1545.

Thank you,

John Shaft
xbmc v13 is not X11 aware. Use a nightly build.
What do you mean by "Use a nightly build"? Sorry, just don't understand your answer.

Thank you!!!
I also would appreciate a little more info that just "use a nightly build". I've had a couple years of experience with using xbmc for windows, but this is my first venture into both linux and xbmcbuntu. Like the OP, I've also been trying to get my laptop to display xbmc onto an hdmi tv, and have spent the last 4 hours messing with settings and installing drivers, only to come across this post saying that its not possible yet.

What nightly build would allow using an external display? Would downgrading to 12.3 be a better solution?
Assuming fritsch is talking about the mainline nightly builds and not some fork, http://lmgtfy.com/?q=xbmc+nightly+build&l=1.
Wow, and to think that I was under the assumption that the linux community was helpful... what a joke.
Linux (wiki)
Linux FAQ (wiki)
Nightly build (wiki)

I could go on...