Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: hardware acceleration gotham 13.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I have Gotham 13.1 installed on my android streaming box, but I can't seem to find the hardware acceleration setting, some people have said if you change this setting to the software setting you can get the picture to come through and not just audio, but I can't find the setting.
I have tried to change the system settings to Expert level but I still can't find the setting.
Also is there any codecs settings you can change??

Any help please

Many thanks
Hi,

Cheers mate, I was setting it to expert level on the main system page instead of the video settings page, sorry that's me being stupid!!!
Its made no difference though I am still only getting audio and no picture, it is on the HD-Streaming addon on XBMC, It worked ok with Frodo but was freezing a bit and thought Gotham would sort it out but as said earlier its just audio now.

If you have any idea's it would be helpful, the box I'm using is a Dual Core Android 4.2 Smart TV Box.

Many thanks
Hi,

I have just tried, hardware acceleration enabled( Not Software)and just Libstagefright codecs only enabled and I have got it working.

Very interesting, if I have the mediacodecs also enabled it's just audio and if I just have mediacodecs enabled on its own just audio.

So anyone having the same problem where they are getting only audio and no picture on Gotham 13.1

Try

Decoding Method - Hardware Accelerated

- Allow hardware accelerated(Libstagefright) Enabled
- Allow hardware accelerated(Mediacodec) Disabled

It's worked for me and hope it works for you.

Smile
Billy,
Thats great news and with android sometimes you have to mess at with the setting on this page. I've got software decoding set as it plays the best for me, it also plays with either h/w enabled or both but I find it best as its set.
Thanks very much for your help it's much appreciated!!!

Smile