Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't wake from S3 sleep
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I'm currently setting up my home entertainment system to use a Logitech Harmony Touch remote.
I am using the USB IR Receiver that came with the Hauppauge MCE Remote kit to control my HTPC (Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3). The Harmony remote controls XBMC except that i can't wake my PC from sleep.
I've gone through plenty of forums and have done the following:
S3 is enabled in BIOS
Enabled the USB IR dongle to wake PC in Power Management
Disabled USB selective suspend settings in Advanced Power Options.
The dongle is listed when I check powercfg - devicequery wake_on_usb.

So, if I plug in my Logitech keyboard and mouse that use a Unifying receiver I have no problems waking the PC from sleep by pressing any button.
I tried using all the USB ports, both front and back, on the PC but nothing works.
I have found that during sleep the dongle doesn't register any key presses from the remote though because the red light doesn't respond.

So does this mean that no power is being put through to the dongle during sleep?
If so, is there anyway that I can enable this on the HTPC or do i need to buy a Powered USB Hub as a work around to fix the problem?
In sleep mode there is only a few items polled, and it sounds like the USB is not one of them. I doubt a powered USB hub would be able to wake up a port that isn't listening. This is not really an XBMC issue, but a win problem. Perhaps the best way to do this would be wake-on-lan if your MB supports it, then using an SSD boot directly into XBMC when the lan is tickled from your wifi router?