Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: script.ambibox for ambient lighting [Windows Only]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Now it finaly worked for a moment, but didn't seem as smooth as boblight on krypton and ambibox on jarvis and older.

I am using boblight at the moment, but i liked the way ambibox switches profiles when not playing anything so it also works when browsing the menu's and playing music.

Well have to keep using boblight then Sad
I'm back to kodi 16.1 and Ambibox, at first I thought boblight worked okay, but it seems to give me lots of microstuttering after a while.

Will stay on kodi 16.1 till this gets fixed.
Can you guys increase the capturing speed? There is a fancy option in Ambibox where you can manually limit the capture speed, so no need to limit in kodidirect.
10-18 FPS is pretty low when most movies run with 24-60 FPS :\

Oh, another suggestion: Delay 10ms/tick instead of 25ms/tick. This option is better than the original Ambibox program delay, but i need 85ms instead of 75 or 100ms.

Thank you!
(2016-09-10, 21:07)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]Can you guys increase the capturing speed? There is a fancy option in Ambibox where you can manually limit the capture speed, so no need to limit in kodidirect.
10-18 FPS is pretty low when most movies run with 24-60 FPS :\

No. At full throttle it is as fast as it can go.

(2016-09-10, 21:07)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, another suggestion: Delay 10ms/tick instead of 25ms/tick. This option is better than the original Ambibox program delay, but i need 85ms instead of 75 or 100ms.

Open "%AppData%\Kodi\userdata\addon_data\script.ambibox\settings.xml" with a text editor and edit "<setting id="delay" value="75" />" replacing 75 with 85.
Thanks, changed value seems nice now.

But how can I increase the capture speed then? I constantly have 8-12-16 max 18fps and its laggy, and hurts my eyes sometimes. CPU usage max 3%.
(2016-09-11, 19:01)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, changed value seems nice now.

But how can I increase the capture speed then? I constantly have 8-12-16 max 18fps and its laggy, and hurts my eyes sometimes. CPU usage max 3%.

1) Learn how to code in cpp
2) Study the current way that Kodi utilizes the DirectX infrastructure to relay frames to the python framework
3) Rewrite and improve the current code so that it is faster
4) Create a pull request on Github asking the Kodi developers to use your superior code
What is the cause of the low FPS? Kodi plugin, Ambibox, Arduino code?
(2016-09-11, 20:57)Merwenus Wrote: [ -> ]What is the cause of the low FPS? Kodi plugin, Ambibox, Arduino code?

Read all of the previous posts. It is Kodi. Not the addon. Kodi itself, specifically on windows.

Play with your settings in the Ambibox app. Add some smoothing.

I think you should go buy a Lightberry or DIY with an HDMI splitter, an HDMI to s-video or composite converter, a frame capture device, and a Raspberry Pi with OpenElec. Then you are independent of Kodi and as a bonus you have ambient lighting with all of your sources.

And no, I will not post instructions for the latter. Google is your friend.
Thanks for the information.
Just tested it is working perfectly 40+FPS when I disable Ambibox plugin and use Windows 8 capture mode. Soo yeah. Now I have to figure out how to bypass black lines on top and bottom with windows 8 mode. Smile
Now wait for the next nightly to test the fix:

afedchin commented 5 hours ago
see http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16788

Fixes endless loop into RenderManager
Fixes asynchronous capture in RenderCaptureDX
a bit speed up copying picture data by mem alignment.
cosmetics.
Watch the PR: 10529 (PR)

It's 'on pause' and hasn't been merged yet...
It's merged now, just need to wait for the build

Merged afedchin merged 2 commits into xbmc:master from afedchin:render_capture 13 minutes ago
all I get is a blue flash and then the lights stay dark Sad

edit: boblight works but only updates about 1 time per 30 seconds, so it seems worse now.

Back to kodi 16.1 again
Using the 9/24 nightly build I observe the following:
Using my test routines that DO NOT USE Ambibox at all:
1) The hang issue is gone.
2) The function returns from timeouts within an acceptable range.
3) My test routine does not count a frame that is identical to the last, so the framerate is for unique frames. Requesting frames that are at one-half resolution, the maximum framerate that Kodi can provide is 7 fps.

LET ME SAY THAT AGAIN:

THE MAXIMUM FRAMERATE THAT KODI CAN PROVIDE IS 7 FPS AT 960 X 540.

This is on my i7-4770k system overclocked to 4.2 GHz with a GTX 760.

The framerate that Ambibox receives is limited by Kodi itself. Not the addon.

Using the current version of the Ambibox addon, I am getting 10 fps @ 115 x 48 which is the same that I get at 32 x 32.
The routine that is used take 25 microseconds to process the frame for ambibox.
The rest of the time is spent waiting for Kodi.
Hi, I was testing your latest version with Krypton. I don't care much about full speed atm, mostly I care to make it work. On 16:9 videos taking the full screen it works fine, but on movies with black bars I get an initial blu flash, then nothing. when seeking I again see leds for a second, and back to nothing.
Something must have changed in the way the video frame is polled for colors?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13