Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: yarc for mobile: adding webspeech (voice commands)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Strange, i tested it on my pc:

- Album search in All Genres selected also not working on Firefox and Edge
- Song search work! I have too many songs ?

Will,look for debug logs tonigth
hi dawed. that's strange indeed. do you you the version i wrote it did not work? which version (of yarc) are you using?

for "debugging" on firefox: you could use the addon firebug. open it (browser will be slower!) and go in the console to the error log (in German "Konsole" ->"Fehler"

don't forget to close it (addon picture is gray) for further use.

thanks a lot!

it might have something to do with you collection, which does not happen in mine.
Hi Tuxfuxch

Now i had time to make a short test.
on the All Genres search, there is comming following error with firebug:

TypeError: yMusic.albumJSON.result.albums[i].artist[0] is undefined
if(searchval === undefined || yMusic.albumJSON["result"]["albums"][i]["title"].t...

yarc.js (Zeile 2112, Spalte 36)

This error is not showing when i select a Genre
Salü dawed,

ok thanks a lot, very helpful. i tried it in the recend dev version, and had no problems (with firefox on linux). so eigther it's a general problem which i solved unknowingly or it's sloppy programming which only occurs on windows mobile. i might be able to test at the dec. 6th. we have family "samichlaus"-celebration and my dad will have his windows phone there.

i will try this evening with the latest public version, which i have running in a vm (windows with edge and firefox).

now i know what and where, so i hope it's only a matter of time Tongue

PS: i looked in the code and have an idea what the problem is: there is probably no artist comming back as information from your kodi. in my collection all songs have this information, so i missed this problem. i hope that's it. that's something i can test and has nothing to do with your browser.
ok dawed, i think i found the bug. thanks! i downlaoded and included an mp3 (legal of course) and deleted the artist tag. the problem i became was not exactly the same, but i can imagine that under circumstances it behaves a bit differeltly.

do you want to wait for an update to try out (probably not this year anymore) or can i write you here, what you have to change and you replace it in yarc.js (only one line changes slightly)?
Sälü tuxfuxch

It's interesting, allmost all my Mp3s have ID3 Tags inside (only those from my wife don't Tongue )
but anyway sure i can edit the file and then install your new 2016 version as well!

happy Sämichlous Day! Big Grin
Hi dawed,

here the new line (could be displayed as 2 or more lines):

Code:
if(searchval === undefined || yMusic.albumJSON["result"]["albums"][i]["title"].toLowerCase().indexOf(searchval.toLowerCase()) != -1 || yTools.artistsToString(yMusic.albumJSON["result"]["albums"][i]["artist"]).toLowerCase().indexOf(searchval.toLowerCase()) != -1){
hurray! version 0.10.0 is ready on github to download: https://github.com/tuxfuxch/yarc

the most important changes:
-under the hood with the newly used language interface. as you see in the changlog, i got contributions for the portuguese and hebrew languages!
- better support for windows mobiles (and maybe other platforms) since there is only one popup left: quit dialoge.
- better support of standard kodi shortcuts (not all but the important ones are aviable)

for the next version, i am thinking about something:
i could change the first page (remote) to a overview with the latest added files for movies, tv-shows and music library. the remote would then be an overlay over the whole site, when the footer is used (or footer will be the remote page). but then, everything has to fit on one screen, that nobody has to scroll.

the send text and the activation switch of "device orientation navigation" would not really fit. any thought? is it even a good idea?
the tools will remain on the first page. i have no better idea.
some thoughts of you would be really apreciated.

what will happen pretty sure:
-the placeholder icons if there is no preview pircutes will be exchanged with awesomefont icons
-a bit css poslishing (oh i hate that, but it's needed)
-russian translation
-more details for movies etc in the details

TRANSLATIONS: help is needed, do you know a language not supported? help me adding it. i can add you to a translation platform, where you can do it online in a simple interface which works quite good on mobiles too (in case for boring waitings...) Translations don't have to be perfect, nor complete.

quite extensive changlog:
Version 0.10.0
- own solution for language translation exchanged with i18next which caused code changes and reduction
--> translations are now managed with the transifex platform (www.transifex.com)
- added Hebrew Translation (translation by github user yarons)
- compressed country flags a lot (from 4.5mb to around 400kb)
- more Kodi shortcut keys are supported now. Since they don't conflict with "my own style" they work all
--> See in Readme.md chapter "Key Map" for more info
- Added PlayGenre-Button to the music page
- Seen TV-Shows (all episodes in all seasons) are marked as seen, or not shown if set so
- Added seen-green-tick in TV-Show details.
- exchanged rating star pic with awsomefont star
- Added resume option for movies and tv episodes
- Details popup of movies, series and music are now not popups anymore. It's now the same way as addon details in release 0.9.10
- Added Buttons to TV-Show to navigate next and prev items within season
- Seek-overlay (time and difference shown when seeking) has now a black border for more contrast
- some styling changes and code reduction
- FIX: in popups, some buttons get now activated on first klick
- FIX: if no fanaart for a movie, in the details it does not show the questionmark anymore
- FIX: in footer, if no prevpic, there is no pic shown, to get more space
- FIX: got rid of some unnecessary html attributes in button tags
- BUGFIX: in Addons, if addoncontent is refreshed, it doesn't get added to the backpath anymore
- BUGFIX: if start navigation with Favorites in Addons, and go back to Favorites, you don't get caught in an endless loop anymore
- BUGFIX: in series details, it shows now a language only once, even if isocode in file streamdetails and filename (if different tags used)
--> if there is the same language already two time in streamdetails, it still shows it twice (not a bug, it's a feature)
- BUGFIX: Multiple bindings of some hotkey's eliminated
- BUGFIX: if there is no artist information for a song, it does not crash on it and shows the library
Sälü Tuxfuxch

I'd installed the new version and its great (in my user case i was able to test it)

- Play Songs of a Genre working awesome
- The bug inside all genres search is fixed and work nice
- Addons are much faster (inside the addon-menu) also it seems that the whole page load faster

for the next version, your thoughts of a different front page
its surley great for the guys out there who use it for movie navigation on a tv - but for the music users like i am, i'm not sure if it will be the same nice tool like it is... Smile

Schöni Wiehnachte to you and your relatives
Hi Dawed,

thanks, i had indeed, and i hope you did so too.

i already worked on it, and my next release will be great i think. i tried it even on windows mobile and it seems to work, at least at an older windows mobile with edge (but most recent software).

here is what i did so far and how it looks. i hope my descriptions will be sufficient:

here the new start page. you can open and collapse the 3 library sections, and i remembers your choice. so in your case, you will see the last 10 newly added albums. with a click on it, it starts immediately (no details, it just starts the album):

the music section is still the same. but as you see, there is no footer link in the left-bottom corner any more, but a remote symbol in the right-bottom corner:

here the hard part to describe:
if you press the remote button, and overlay (or panel) will open form the right side over the music page with the remote. it's like a show and hide. you basically stay on the page. so you don't have to load the remote, and to go back, load "music" again. the remote is preloaded and just hides "music".

the text in the touch-field will not be seen, there it's still work in progress. the seek "label" (magnifier) is not hidden any more. it shows always. the height is fixed and the height of the touch field is calculated by screen height. if you rotate the mobile, it does not adjust (yet), but on close and open the panel it recalculates). when you press the arrow in the bottom-right corner, it closes the overlay and you are right back in the music section (in the use case i am describing)

if someone is interested, i can make a zip of the current state (unfinished/polished work, but usable) and upload it somewhere.

personally, i think it's an improvement. what's your thoughts?

i whish you in proper swiss german "en guete rutsch!" Smile

EDIT: btw: it's not a popup, it's a panel, which worked great on all devices i tested (firefox on linux, android and windows; opera on windows; edge on windows and windows mobile; chrome/chromium on linux and windows; maxthon on android and windows; brower of "ubuntu touch")
Oh, this looks better than i though!
Would it be possible to put there an addon page? Or favorites (yes i know you said no once).
Maybe it is possible to adjust in settings those overlays?

Guete Rutsch! Happy new year
hi dawed,

one reason i did it, to get easy access to the remote from everywhere without leaving the page. another is, that i could ditch multiple settings and get more space in the addon details screen. there are actually no settings for the remote (anymore). what settings do you think about? would would be needed/handy?

about addon or favorites on the startpage: could you explain a bit more how that could look? i can't imagine a way i like. a bit more description would be helpful.
one problem could be, that favorties could be really extensive. i have 36 items there. how to fit this? what criteria should be taken to add addons there, and should it open the addon on the screen on a click, or open it in the details like in addon page?

EDIT: oh do you mean with "Would it be possible to put there an addon page?" the panel not the startpage? i was speaking about the startpage...
it was late at night, didn't explain it perfect.
i ment a libary page like music but with the addons or with favorites (could be the latest favorites or only the most used)
but i'm not sure if its possible and easy to do so...

with the settings i ment that would be great to have a section inside the settings to enable or disable some of the librarys (for example, users without music can disable this library page or in my case the movie library)
hey Dawed,

i am sorry, but the first part i still did still not understand. i guess:
you mean on the first page with the most recent added items, there should be a section with anndons and/or favorites for the most used und the "new/start" section. since there is an addon section with favorties already.
well indeed is that not that easy. but essentially a good idea. i though a lot about it and i am not sure how to do it (technically and visually). well for addons, i remember already how often they are opened with the yarc interface. there it should be possible. for favorites i am not sure yet. if i am right with my guessing: i agree with you. i put it on the todo list. but will not come with the next version. maybe the next one then, if i find a good solution.

the second part: this is a good idea, but also surprisingly difficult i think. but definitively doable. i would just hide them (will still be loaded, but without library content) and recalculate the width of a header item. but also with this idea it has to wait i guess.
one reason is, that i did a looot of work in css in the latest release, and deleted stupidly the file without a backup. many hours of work are destroyed Sad

please tell me, if i was right with my guess, or explain it further. but both are on the todo list.
haha! to all webdevs outthere: firefox is just great! if you are as stupid as i am and delete something: if you use firefox mobile and the page ist still loaded in the good state, you can connect with a desktop firefox with the Web-IDE functionality. i could download my work and replace it! matter of minutes, which saved me hours of work!
love firefox!
sorry, just had to tell this to the world, although nobody cares...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11