Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Display problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently got a second android box for a second TV but am having 6:9roblems with the display cutting off the right side of the videos. I somehow got it to display properly for a while but when I unplugged the unit to show someone at there place it reverted back to the problem. This time I can't sort it out.

In a nut shell when I launch a TV show or movie it shows full screen but the right side is missing. (as if it were a 16:9 show in 4:3) I use the OSD and scroll across to the video settings and it shows "normal". I change the modes and the only one that shows it correctly is Original where is takes the picture and drops it to the bottom right corner of the screen (using up approx. 50% of the TV). From there I've tried to modify the zoom but it immediately starts to cut off the right side as it zooms in to fill the rest of the screen.

From the XBMC system/settings/system/video output screen I see the display mode as "windowed", resolution 1920x1080p. This is greyed out so I can't modify it. Using a keyboard and the "\" key changes the display to a typical windowed mode. What am I missing and or where do I go from here?

The system in question is an:

OTT TV box android player M8 quad core model K 200 running Android version 4.4.2
I have the same box and the same problem
Can anyone help plz ?
Still looking for an answer. Anyone?
There is a problem with the kernel in some of the newer M8 Firmware. XBMC automatically defaults to 1080P resolution even if you have a 720P Tv . Quick fix for this is to manually set your screen resolution to 1080i and that should correct the issue.
I have the same problem on now the display mode and res are both blacked out so cannot click on to change can anyone help?
(2014-06-30, 05:40)Packetcrypt Wrote: [ -> ]There is a problem with the kernel in some of the newer M8 Firmware. XBMC automatically defaults to 1080P resolution even if you have a 720P Tv . Quick fix for this is to manually set your screen resolution to 1080i and that should correct the issue.
Thanks its working fine now.
Sorry, but I'm a bit of a layman on such matters! How do I manually set screen to 1080i? Is that done on the m8 or my TV? Thanks in advance