Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to handle "missing movies"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As a passionate viewer of obscure documentaries I have a couple of dozen movies which are never found by any scraper (IMDD or Universal Scraper with MovieDB too). That's fair enough :-)

What I don't like is that those movies are nowhere to be found in the movies listing.

I have found a "Missing Movie Scanner" add-on which does a good job at least of making them "visible" in a separate list, but isn't any way I could use to have them appear in the normal movie list even though without art nor any other perks ?

Thanks a lot.
Look up .nfo files on the wiki.
If these are TV docos then it is worth remembering that many of them are in thetvdb.com under BBC Documentaries, Channel 4 Documentaries, etc

http://thetvdb.com/?string=Documentaries...ion=Search

It is also worth remembering that google can be better at searching thetvdb.com at times, so if you have a strange doco name you might find it via the following google search
Code:
strange doco name site:thetvdb.com
Thanks a lot. In my case it's mostly if not all movies not TV series. Guess the .nfo route is what I need !!!
The same google search technique will work on themoviedb.org of course. And if they aren't on themoviedb.org, then add them! It's all a community effort :-)
Very true ! Will do ! :-) As a side note, I think I haven't configured the universal scraper well since the default scraper is themoviedb but one of the "missing" movies is present on imdb indeed ... must find out how to search both sources (if possible), any pointers to docs on how to configure this ?

Thanks again
No I have only ever used themoviedb and thetvdb. However there is along running thread on Universal Scraper here somewhere!