Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Homerun tuner and Gotham
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am hoping that some one can give me some pointers on how to get his all setup. I just purchased a Homerun network tuner for my setup. I am hoping to be able to view my cable tv on XBMC but not sure where to start. I am running the latest release of Gotham on windows 7 and 8 pc's I am hoping to be able to get a guide for channels and be able to view through XBMC as opposed to the TV tuners. Can some one please explain how to set this up. I was looking a psudoTV Live is that something I need to make this work.

Thanks in advance Ken
I have it working fine as a WMC device, but with OTA channels instead of cable. This is what I did:

1. Install HDHomerun software, configure tuners for your area. (You've probably already done this.)
2. Configure Windows Media Center, enabling the TV channels you want to view. Close WMC, it will run the service in the background.
3. Install ServerWMC (search the PVR addon forum for the link) Set it to start with Windows.
4. In XBMC, add the WMC-PVR addon. Enable & configure LiveTV in the XBMC settings.
5. Depending on which skin you're using, make sure the 'Live TV' menu item is enabled.

If you don't want to use WMC, then I can't help you. I'm sure somebody else will jump in. I had tried NextPVR, couldn't get it to work.
What model of HDHomeRun tuner did you get?
(2014-06-25, 02:55)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]What model of HDHomeRun tuner did you get?

The tuner is a HDHR-T1-US

Im new to all this so I can really use the help

Cheers Ken
Ok I got XBMC running my Homerun HRHD-T1-US tuner but the tuner only finds a few of my channels am I missing something or will it not pick up all of my cable channels like a Television would when you run the scan.

I also asked this on the silicondust forum hoping to find some answers

Thanks Ken