Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Infowars.com Video Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2019-12-01, 06:07)danbyers2 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey SpinalCrack,

Thanks for all the hard work you do on your Kodi addons. Disclose and Infowars are my 2 most watched addons hands down. There's been times they've went down and it sucked bad until your contributions got them going again. Anyway..

So, I got a question... Is there anyway you can integrate banned.video site into the Infowars add-on? I gave some serious thought to scripting it myself in its own add-on, but just haven't had the time. I'm sure your aware of banned.video...any thoughts of getting it added to Kodi in some way? Thanks

Thank you for the compliments.  Infowars on demand section pulls directly from Banned.video.  If I can find the time I can look at doing a stand alone banned.video addon as well.
You're awesome! Thanks. And for some reason, my "On Demand Videos" section doesn't work. It only displays one link that states...

==[click here for recent full-length shows]==

I'm currently using the newest Libreelec.
Let me check for an update.. that's probably the problem.
(2019-12-01, 06:18)danbyers2 Wrote: [ -> ]Let me check for an update.. that's probably the problem.

No actually it looks like they changed something and broke it on me.  I'll work on it and post an update.
(2019-12-01, 06:27)Spinalcrack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-01, 06:18)danbyers2 Wrote: [ -> ]Let me check for an update.. that's probably the problem.

No actually it looks like they changed something and broke it on me.  I'll work on it and post an update. 
I have fixed the on demand / banned video section, and done some other improvements as well.  Should show up in the repo in the next couple days.  Thank you
(2019-12-02, 04:30)Spinalcrack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-01, 06:27)Spinalcrack Wrote: [ -> ]

I have fixed the on demand / banned video section, and done some other improvements as well.  Should show up in the repo in the next couple days.  Thank you 

v2.1.5 is now on the repo available to update / download.
(2019-12-03, 05:36)Spinalcrack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-02, 04:30)Spinalcrack Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-12-01, 06:27)Spinalcrack Wrote: [ -> ]No actually it looks like they changed something and broke it on me.  I'll work on it and post an update.  

v2.1.5 is now on the repo available to update / download.

Thanks for your time and effort, greatly appreciated.
Hey Spinalcrack,

+1 here, expressing appreciation for all the hard work you do and have done with this add-on. I'm running osmc+kodi on a raspberry pi, and the infowars plugin is simply a must-have for my setup.

I haven't seen anyone else mention it here yet, but I needed to bring an issue to your attention because it has been happening on my system. The add-on has not updated/refreshed the list of available videos in the "On Demand Videos (Banned.video)" section off of the main menu, for quite some time now. Furthermore, when I select to go into the "Click Here For Recent Full Length Shows" subsection, the most recent items listed there are from December 20th of 2019. Prior to that, it had been working perfectly after the back-end transition to banned.video. Otherwise, everything seems fully functional within the plugin, aside from the issue that I have described above.

It is set to auto-update and seems to be the most recent version (v2.1.5) of the add-on. I don't think I have tried un-installing and then re-installing it yet; I suspect that it would not change anything, although I could be wrong. If those lists of recent videos are cached somewhere, I am unaware of any way to purge that info to force a refresh, otherwise I would have tried that by now.

I am reasonably competent and fluent with python, and have looked at the plugin code itself on my media center device. But I am not sure how best to proceed troubleshooting the add-on in this context.

I would like to know if you and/or others have also experienced this and can reproduce this problem on your respective systems. Any assistance provided at this point would be much appreciated.
(2020-01-19, 05:44)KodeFusion Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Spinalcrack,

+1 here, expressing appreciation for all the hard work you do and have done with this add-on. I'm running osmc+kodi on a raspberry pi, and the infowars plugin is simply a must-have for my setup.

I haven't seen anyone else mention it here yet, but I needed to bring an issue to your attention because it has been happening on my system. The add-on has not updated/refreshed the list of available videos in the "On Demand Videos (Banned.video)" section off of the main menu, for quite some time now. Furthermore, when I select to go into the "Click Here For Recent Full Length Shows" subsection, the most recent items listed there are from December 20th of 2019. Prior to that, it had been working perfectly after the back-end transition to banned.video. Otherwise, everything seems fully functional within the plugin, aside from the issue that I have described above.

It is set to auto-update and seems to be the most recent version (v2.1.5) of the add-on. I don't think I have tried un-installing and then re-installing it yet; I suspect that it would not change anything, although I could be wrong. If those lists of recent videos are cached somewhere, I am unaware of any way to purge that info to force a refresh, otherwise I would have tried that by now.

I am reasonably competent and fluent with python, and have looked at the plugin code itself on my media center device. But I am not sure how best to proceed troubleshooting the add-on in this context.

I would like to know if you and/or others have also experienced this and can reproduce this problem on your respective systems. Any assistance provided at this point would be much appreciated.

Yeah i got same issue here.... i think the link point to infowars.com but Jones Recently moved to banned.video 
there is a lot of multimedia content on their new plateform Smile i hope for a new update that will give us access to all banned.video content Smile would be awesome !
For a few weeks now the live stream for each of the shows stopped working.  I suspect its a switch in URL for the stream?  In any event, I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?  Thanks!
(2020-06-22, 22:47)klaus01 Wrote: [ -> ]For a few weeks now the live stream for each of the shows stopped working.  I suspect its a switch in URL for the stream?  In any event, I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?  Thanks!

I'm having the same issue, can it be fixed soon.
(2020-06-27, 14:44)Beefgolong Wrote: [ -> ]
(2020-06-22, 22:47)klaus01 Wrote: [ -> ]For a few weeks now the live stream for each of the shows stopped working.  I suspect its a switch in URL for the stream?  In any event, I was wondering if anyone else is having this problem?  Thanks!

I'm having the same issue, can it be fixed soon.
In reviewing the plugins default.py, I this in use: https://api.infowarsmedia.com/api/channel.  Does anyone have documentation on that API?
The video add-on for kodi needs to be updated; None of the primary shows will make a connection... This is probably due to the update/rearrangement of the infowars.com and banned.video. Please let me know if you get a chance to correct the source.

Thank you,

mcurran
Any fix on this ? It's been broken for months.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8