Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV recording only in stereo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi there.
Prolog:
I had a ubuntu 13.04 an XBMC 12.x Frodo running. All works well.
My system were keept updated so ubuntu were updated to 14.04 LTS. After the update I had several system crashs. So I build it completly new.

With 14.04 LTS I had trouble to get the DD5.1 or DTS signal on my SPDIF/toslink connection. But it now solved. Movie playback is in stereo or when available in DD5.1 or DTS.

I have a sundtek USB-SAT receiver. Actually the playback sound won't be in DD5.1 or DTS. It is only in PCM 48 Khz. Also the recording is only in stereo. In playback mode I can choose 3 audio tracks. Stereo, Stereo alternative and AC3. But the output is only PCM. I tried it with the fifa worldcup game recording.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks!
Post a debug log and screenshots of your audio setup page in xbmc.
Hi nickr.
How can I upload the pics? In help area is written it should be a weblink of the image. .-(
Which debug log file do you want?
Debug Log <- read that.
Followed the log. It is much bigger than allowed. I hope the important code is in there.
Post the to pastebin and then post the pastebin link here.

Post the pic somewhere like imgur.com and post the link here.
OK. Here are the pics...
That looks like 2 channels only.

What about this sample: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5572...20Test.avi
Strange effects. First try I downloaded your file and open it inside xbmc. -> Only stereo.
Then exit from xbmc and playback via vlc on ubuntu os. Only in stereo. Then I tried a mkv video with dts -> only stereo.
Then back again into xbmc and tried once again my mkv video. I deactivate and activate "passthrou" once and my audio receiver displayed a "multichannel" input. The video is in dts. Then I tried your video. My audio receiver is already in dts multichannel mode and playback your video as requested. So then I can hear the different speakers. First only left, then right, then back right, back left...
But my receiver is already in dts mode and I think your file is only AC3/DD5.1. So I think there is already a problem.
I think there is a problem with pavucontrol. I never have to install it before "Gotham". In a threat there are 5 audiochannels shown. I my view there are only 2 channels shown (left and right).
Unless you need pulseaudio for some other reason (such as running a desktop) I suggest using alsa.
Do I have to remove pavucontrol?
sudo apt-get remove --purge pulseaudio libasound2-plugins
Hi.
With alsa the playback is also in 2 channel pcm via vlc. Do I have to install any audio driver?
No - you have to configure it properly, ask about that in the vlc forum.
OK, I configured the SPDIF playback in vlc. In VLC now my mkv file is playback the dts audio stream well. My audio receiver says it too and it feels like surround.
Fritsch's demo file makes me confused. Normaly my audio receiver display the right audio source type like DD2.0, DD5.1, DTS, PCM ... But with this test file the receiver can't select the right type. Sometimes the file will be playback in stereo, sometimes without noise and sometime my audio receiver interprete a DTS5.1 file source. But always when I select surround in the audioreceiver the file will be playback in surround sound and I can hear the right speakers. -> So I think the os settings are right.
Back to recording in surround. At the moment there are no transmitted spots in multichannel mode. So I have to wait for the next fifa world cup play for recording...
Pages: 1 2