Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: G-Box Midnight MX2 Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been running XBMC on my Windows 7 laptop for a while now and i decided to buy a g box midnight mx2 i have all my movies stored on a 3 TB external hard drive and i figured this would make it easier to watch them on my tv. My problem is, when i try to update my library XBMC doesn't find any of my my movies. It's the exact same hard drive as i use for the windows computer. I even uninstalled the version of xbmc that came with the g box and installed the android version that matches the one on my laptop (12.1) it finds the hard drive fine....it appears to scan it. but it finds no movies, i don't know if i am missing something simple or it's a problem with the box but if someone could help me i'd appropriate it very much. OH all the movies are in AVI format...im not sure if that makes any kind of diffference. Thank you in advance for your help.
no idea yet, but if u inquire on GBOX forum, maybe faster
I just found out what the underlying problem for me is thought I'd post it in case anyone else is in the same boat. I contacted the company that makes the G-Box and they informed me that the box is not designed to support a hard drive bigger than 2TB.