Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot get XBMC to read nfo files.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone,

I hope someone can help me with my music Collections nfo files (artist.nfo & album.nfo)

System is:
Windows 8 Pro and XBMC Gotham with Aeon Nox skin.

I've ofcourse placed the artist.nfo in the artist root folder, for example "Adele". and album.nfo in the album folder, for example "21".

In the artist.nfo i just have the Music Brainz url for the artist, in the adele example: http://musicbrainz.org/artist/cc2c9c3c-b...bd8779e493

I have done the following:

Used Local information only and universal scraper.
Enabled and disabled the "Use online information instead of tag"
Reinstalled XBMC and deleted the profile folder.

Can anyone please please tell me what im doing wrong here.

Btw the nfo files for movies works like a charm.

Thanks in advance

// Thumber
Hi

You have to choose while adding your source which way of scraping you want to take. IIRC you can´t have both ways of scraping (local nfo AND universal scraper). You can take only one of these. If you have chosen the universal scraper, XBMC doesn´t recognize the local nfos. You have to switch to "local nfo" to get this working. But then you can´t scrape via the universal scraper.

Cheers
(2014-06-30, 08:13)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

You have to choose while adding your source which way of scraping you want to take. IIRC you can´t have both ways of scraping (local nfo AND universal scraper). You can take only one of these. If you have chosen the universal scraper, XBMC doesn´t recognize the local nfos. You have to switch to "local nfo" to get this working. But then you can´t scrape via the universal scraper.

Cheers

Hey David1977,

Thanks for taking an interrest.

But i had it on local information only for both artist and album when i tried it, and it doesn't touch the nfo files it seems.

Any other thoughts?

Do u need any more information?