Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: network stream video stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hardware
Point of View - SmartTV 500
Android 4.2.2
NAND Flash - 4 GB
RAM - 2 GB

I have setup my android tv box to stream my library through my local network. The problem I have having is that my SD and HD videos stutter the entire time.
Here the following solutions I have tried

1. Increased my video cache to 40MB using advancedsettings.xml, I also increased by buffer rate to 7 from the default 0.
(Should I add an SD card and change the settings to store cache in the internal memory instead of the RAM?)

2. In the android developer settings, I highlighted the option to force GPU rendering.

3. xbmc is set to use Hardware Acceleration and the True fullscreen option, and I also change the refresh rate settings of the display to match the video.

4. (This one didn't work) I thought that using an external player would fix the problem, I used the playercorefactory.xml to use different external players however, when I played videos, xbmc would give an error saying that click Ok when external player is closed. The only time the external player would open is when I would attach a USB directly to my android tv box

Thanks