Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Open browser at specified URL from main menu or submenu "button"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All, hoping someone can help.

I'm running Gotham 13.1 with Aeon Nox 5 skin. I'd like to set a number of main menu or submenu "buttons" to open a browser at specified URLs. I can open a browser at a URL if I set the URL as the homepage but I'd like individual button selections to open individual pages.

I've been using the StartAndroidActivity custom command StartAndroidActivity(com.android.browser) to open the stock browser but I do not understand the additional StartAndroidActivity(package,[intent,dataType,dataURI]) parameters to reach a specified URL.

There are a number of pure Android examples available on the web but none I can find using the XBMC built-in function StartAndroidActivity that is needed to launch the browser in the first place.

Is it possible to nest a stock Android command such as StartActivity inside the XBMC custom command StartAndroidActivity? Can anyone suggest parameters I can use with StartAndroidActivity(package,[intent,dataType,dataURI]) that will work??

I'm a noob with Android and XBMC so please forgive me if this is obvious to an experienced programmer.