Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Fire TV - XBMC can not see my NFS NAS Storage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just purchased an Amazon Fire TV and set up XBMC on it. When trying to add video files for my Movies Folder, it shows my NFS ip address, and I can see the NFS Folders, but I can not click on /Volume1/Movies. Do I need to enable NFS somehow on the Fire TV? I have been searching for hours but most of what comes up for NFS is the damn Need for Speed game for Fire TV.
Your server is not setup properly. Post a debug log (wiki) and ensure that you understood the authentication principles of NFS (the nfs wiki link in my signature might help you).
That wiki is very well done. Although, I did indeed check the box to allow insecure connections above a certain point. Perhaps something else is wrong, or I will need to reboot all the systems in my network afterwards and check again. As of right now, I am trying to find out how to make logs on my Synology Diskstation as well as the XBMC. I will be back as soon as I obtain them.
I can now enter my Volume1/TV Folder. I still can not enter any other folders, particularly Movies. Also, when I enter the TV folder, none of the shows show up. It also does not automatically make a TV listing on the front menu, why is this? I also tried removing the NFS before the IP address in the add files menu but it states that it isnt the correct path and can not connect, but to add it any way? When doing that, it still doesnt show my videos at all. Anyhow, I think this is the log you wanted, let me know if I did it wrong:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=238828
I even used PuTTy into my exports and changed the "insecure_locks" to "insecure". That did nothing. I still cant access my NFS on my FireTV with XBMC. Its wierd, all of my other XBMC Live and Openelec desktop PC's that are dedicated strictly to XBMC works fine.
It turned out to be a permission problem. I had to add an Everyone user to each folder, not in the NFS shares area, but the general folder in DiskStation. I had to then give it full permission. I also had to set each NFS share folder to "Map root to admin". Now everything works.
Came upon thread that helped figure out why my Kodi 16.1 on my FireTV could not connect to RPi2 (ubuntu 15.10) usbdrive that has digital content. Turns out to be similar when connecting Mac OS X to NFS mount. Use the insecure options. Hopefully this helps someone else Smile My Eg:
/usbdrive1/Videos <FireTV ip address>(rw,async,insecure,all_squash,no_subtree_check)