Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issues playing library content
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have setup a FireTV with XBMC and everything seemed good but after adding my movies and tv shows to the library they wont play, When clicking a movie lets say, nothing happens after clicking a few more movies it eventually pops up saying one or more items have have failed to load.

Here is a log snip-it of when its trying to load the file: pastebin.com/r3dNrRyQ

I would upload the whole log but pastebin wont let me, to big.

I also noticed when trying to install addons over the a SMB share from the same server I get an error that the addon does not have proper structure, though it works on all my other boxes. It also worked when I manually unzipped them into the addons folder over adb. I have a feeling this might be related.

Everything is on a Macbook (2010 or 2011 I think) running Mac OS X Server on Mavericks. I have an XBMC user but I get a pipe error or operation error when I use it so I temporary added guest access to connect.

So I am a little lost as to why nothing seems to be working but at the same time it seems like it should. Obviously it got the file system structure and the file names but it cant access the content.

Thanks
For bigger logfiles you can use

xbmclogs.com

Damn slow, but it will take big logfiles
It actually sounds like there is a general problem with your network connection and it's corrupting data, which would explain why the plugins won't install from the remote location and would also explain why it can't play movies, because the streams are getting corrupt when it starts trying to stream over the network.
Drop SMB and use NFS instead. It's a lighter protocol than SMB anyway. See http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFS..._from_OS_X
Never thought of looking up NFS on Mac OS. As to the corruption I can ping it with no loss and doing a trace route is as expected. I can access the shares just fine on other machines using a file manager, haven't tried other XBMC setups recently though I tested with a RPi after setting up the server. I'm wondering if this might not be a compatibility with the SMB library and the SMB built into mavericks. I just wish I could figure out where the fault is.

Will probably get NFS a try, see if that works, though I would like to figure out the SMB problem.
So I got NFS up and running and it works like a charm. Now if could just figure out why the performance is so low, hope that is an easy fix...
Turns out it was the old router that was to slow for it, luckily I was planning on upgrading it Smile

Now everything is running smoothly, YEAH!!