Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Power saving setting for shutdown Mythtv Backend
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Why do you need to send a shutdown command to mythtv when the backend does it automatically?
How it do automatically? Explain please, maybe i'm totally wrong.
Its been a while since I set mine up but this how-to looks to cover the topic, but of course there is plenty of info in the mythtv wiki
http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/disp...uto-wakeup

I use the pre-shutdown-check command to make mythtv stay awake if samba shares are in use, torrents downloading, handbrake is running, etc..
Morning!

I run the same way teedubb describes it. I use the built in MythTV Auto wake and shutdown feature to shut off myMythtv Backend when not in use. The pre-shutdown check script is your best friend, because you can script what to check for to make sure there is no usage. My HTPC Xbmcuntu front ends touch a file on my NFS share from my backend/Ubuntu server when they are on, and delete the file when they are off

The script i wrote to check that it can shut down checks many things;
- Am i downloading? It checks my download speed and if over a certian limit, dont shutdown
- Are my HTPC on? Checks for the file
- Am i using Plex? Watches plex log for 20 seconds to see if it changes.

Go thorugh the link teedubb posted. It will help you out for what your looking for
Pages: 1 2