Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC won't work after power outage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a power outage this morning and managed to turn off my NAS properly. I got home and turned everything on and my PC showed that the NAS rebuilt the array (for some reason) and I can navigate no problem. In fact I can run XBMC on it and it works fine. However, on my living room PC, I can't seem to get xbmc to work right. I got it to run once and it was taking an extremely long time to navigate to stone media and once I played it,MIT frieze after a few seconds. Now when I run xbmc, it just sticks at the logo screen. I unplugged and re plugged the network switch near the computer but it didn't fix it. In Windows it shows the network is connected and I can access the internet. Is it possible that my xbmc installation got corrupted from the power outage? I can't figure out why I can't run xbmc on it but I can on my workstation PC (which was already off when power was lost).
Well I backed up my appdata/xbmc folder and started a fresh one. It worked fine for a while but now it froze again and I can't play any media. I'm not sure what's going on...
Power surge may have buggered your PC. That happens.

Logs?

dmesg?