Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unrecognized key names with CEC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With a Toshiba 23L1350U TV and XBMC running on a Raspberry Pi, I have been pretty successful controlling the Pi with CEC. However, I have at least one key that is being transmitted to the Pi that I can't seem to get it to recognize. Below is the relevant section of the log.

18:05:02 T:2941203520 DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> 01:44:4a
18:05:02 T:2941203520 DEBUG: CecLogMessage - >> TV (0) -> Recorder 1 (1): user control pressed (44)
18:05:02 T:2941203520 DEBUG: CecLogMessage - key pressed: eject (4a)

If I try to put <eject>ContextMenu</eject> into remote.xml I get this in the log.

17:26:42 T:3036996240 ERROR: Remote Translator: Can't find button eject

I have tried in vain to find documentation about how to specify a key that isn't in the list of known names. I saw the section about doing things in the universalremote block, with no luck. Does anyone have a cookbook for how to recognize a "non-standard" key?

Thanks!
I think this key got added 5 days ago to master:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4949

You can probably use it with a nightly build (e.g. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192380).
But be aware this will be a Helix build with newer database version.
popcornmix,

Thanks for the quick response. That will be really helpful. I was also looking for a general solution to the problem of TVs transmitting unrecognized keys. Is there no syntax for that?
I finally had a look at that pull. It seems to only be for mceusb configuration in Lircmap.xml. When applied it has no effect on my usage, which is CEC. Any thoughts?
Are you looking at the right PR? I don't know much about code, but PR 4949 shows changes to remote.xml (which is the map that CEC uses) and "PeripheralCecAdapter.cpp".
It turns out I was not. I followed the wrong link out of the discussion of 4949 and looked at different change.