Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xvid playback problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've just bought an MX Android 4.2 MX2 Dual Core Box primarily for the purposes of being able to play my video collection on my TV. Unfortunately, as had been posted elsewhere (but which I was until yesterday unaware of), xvid playback even of SD videos is choppy with lots of frames being skipped and since most of my collected vids are encoded with xvid the XBMC box is next to useless for me. Vids encoded with x264 seem fine, even the HD ones.

I did speak to the supplier of the box to ask whether I should upgrade to the latest XBMC (it came with 12.2 installed) as I read somewhere that there is hardware acceleration likely to be available in Gotham but I was advised not to do that as it was unstable.

So, what I'm asking really is whether there is anthing I can do other than write the whole thing off to experience. For example, would it be possible to have the xvids played using a different player or would it be possible to install linux on the box (assuming that doesn't have the same problem as the Android version of XBMC). My box has:

Chipset: AML8726-MX
GPU: Mali-400

Thanks in advance for any constructive suggestions.
Gotham is stable. Just update to it from http://xbmc.org/download/ (use the ARM link)