Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: CPU FREQ ISSUE ON AMLOGIC QUAD
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an amlogic s802 based tv box.
Here's a problem that I've found in recent builds.
XBMC changes cpu's max_freq to 1ghz. I think it is rather unnecessary. Because my TV box's default max_freq is 1.6ghz.The change brings nothing but LAG(after quiting xbmc, the max_freq WON'T back to default).it can also cause a higher cpu usage, then cores in offline mode will be online (ONLY TWO CORES ARE ONLINE UNDER NORMAL USAGE). When I disable xbmc's root accessibility in superuser, it can also play hd videos very well with two cores in default freq enabled.
Dose amcodec support rmvb format file? It seems xbmc can't handle it very well. I find high cpu usage in system info while playing.
If I recall correctly, it's software decoded under XBMC.
(2014-07-13, 18:44)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]If I recall correctly, it's software decoded under XBMC.
Why? The built-in player dose support rmvb well. And the amlogic s802 chip supports rmvb hardware decodec.
Do you have any plan to support it?
How about the cpu freq problem? Or I posted this in the wrong place?
Thank you for your reply.
No idea, that's beyond my area of knowledge. One of the devs might know the answers.
Comment from code:
Code:
// rmvb is not handled well by amcodec

I don't even know what rmvb is (and don't want to know beyond wikipedia saying it's a realvideo thingy)