Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video playback not full screen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
XBMC menu is fine - full screen. When I select a movie or any other video playback the screen reduces to a square in the middle if the TV.

Setting / System / video output.

The only option which appears in the menu is Resolution. This is fixed as 1280x720p. No other options are available.

Android MX2 box.

Thank you
Hi the slash button '\' for windowed mode., set-up the resolution from that.
Hi and thank you. Where do I find the / button?? Cheers
If you don't have a keybaord or a remote equivalent, go to settings>system>video mode>windowed
Thanks but that's the problem. That option doesn't exist. It's not there. I'm using an Android MX2 boxSad
There is not settings>system>video ? I guess you'll have to wait on another MX2 user to help you out, or seek out the web support site for the box.
I have the same problem, e.g., everything is fine, full screen until I playback a video or tv show. Shows entire video, but in a reduced size in the upper left hand corner. Have tried the " \ " and the Tab on keyboard solution, does not work in video playback. Have tried everything from reseting Kodi, to using zoom, 16x9, wide zoom, recalibration of screen etc. I did find when playing a video and pausing, go to onscreen settings, found a place to tic full screen. Again nothing.

It is not a tv or cable issue, as streaming videos appear full screen in that mode. Hopefully, someone will read this post and back to both of us with a solution.

shdretired
I'm having the same problem
It just started happening yesterday
Upgrade to Kodi Isengard RC or install the app SuperSu from Google play store to give the correct permissions to Kodi Helix.
(2015-07-14, 07:04)wrxtasy Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrade to Kodi Isengard RC or install the app SuperSu from Google play store to give the correct permissions to Kodi Helix.

It's saying it's gotta be rooted...
How do I root a MXQ android TV?
Use the force, Luke.

Most of those boxes already come rooted. If not, go find a community firmware that is already rooted and it probably won't require any special hacks to get Kodi working either, and will over-all be better. I'd check some place like freaktab.com
(system->settings->video acceleration - in advanced view)
disable amcodec

This isn't really a solution to the problem but it mades it work
If the firmware you have is up to date then it should be a real solution, as MediaCodec can replace Amlogic codec completely. From what I'm told, once all the bugs are worked out, there will only be MediaCodec for Android.
Thanks to Natural Cory, his solution worked.

Thanks
Hi I had a similar problem but my video was massive just showing the top left quarter of the picture. Is what you've done a quick fix ? or is that a proper fix
Pages: 1 2