Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC 13.1 stops working after 30 mins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,

I recently bought the Amlogic M8 s802 square quad core android tv box. I've recently upgrade my firmware to "M8-XBMC-4K2K-1080P Screen Problem 0617" (16 june dist available via freaktab.com). There was a XBMC version 13.1 pre-installed. Currently this is the most stable version so far. Main issue I have is that XBMC stops playing video after 30 mins. In the previous firmware versions with XBMC pre-installed the tv box did not react anymore after 30 mins I had had to unplug the power cord. With the current version it just stops playing (with no audio/video) but am still able to start the video again. I have hardware acceleration enabled in XBMC. The video are just based on my network storage (QNAP) where I use a network connection.

Another thing I'm facing is that I cannot shut down the TV Box properly. When I press the power button on the remote the power indicator on the front is still blinking while the network connectivity light are off at the back and it does not react anymore.

Do you have any suggestions how to solve this?

Thanks,
WF
In the meanwhile I have sold the TV box. Too bad I did not get an answer... Hopefully I have more luck with the new Minix Neo M8-h. First impression was it was more stable.
You got rid of a good box and replaced it with pretty much the same thing. M8 with finless rom runs great. I have a Minix X8-H and things aren't perfect either.