Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Refresh and choose art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love this skin but the lack of two simple features have been an annoyance to me for a long time. Often it means I will switch into another skin just to use the features and then switch back, not that difficult but quite annoying.

Anyway the features I'm referring to are refresh and choose art. In terms of refresh it can be useful if something has gone wrong with the series, doesn't happen often but it's still nice to have it when needed.

As for choose art, it's especially needed. You can choose art at the season level but not at top level for movies/tv (probably others but I only use them). As someone who likes to have control of art and have unique art for fanart, poster, banner, season posters and season fanarts, it is a constant hassle not being to able to change art at the top level. If I had a refresh option I would just fix the art up in the series folder and hit refresh but that's also not possible. Right now I even have a strange issue where movie posters refuse to be scrapped from the movie directory (used to work just stopped after an update, help on that would be nice but not the purpose of this post) so I have to fix these up myself but I cannot do it from within the Ace skin.

Anyway thanks for reading and hopefully considering adding these much needed features.
Sorry if I miss understand but if you already have the art stored correctly in the right folder structure just use the reload and refresh from local or internet and it will refresh the artwork if you have it in folder. Normally have to do this when a new season is added.
Yeah I keep art in the series folder so I could refresh but that's an option in Ace. In every other skin to do this I would normally hit "info" and go to refresh but in Ace the only options I have (doing this on a t.v series but it's also missing in movies) is "Resume", "Play" and "Image Zoom", so nothing to either effect the art or tell xbmc to refresh the series data. So right now I have to do things like changing to another skin to refresh or remove from library to be picked up again on next scan (minus watched status). When a new season is added is no big deal though since I can just go to the season, hit "menu" and "choose art" but you can only do that at the season level but not at the series level.
dont have a computer on in front of me to check but if you hit "C" on the tv show and select "tv information" then the reload button should appear if you want to do it that way. Is that what you were looking for? Is the reload button different from refresh button you are talking about?
refresh or reload would be different terms for the same thing. The process you described (you don't have to use the c menu for information, you can just hit i) on every skin other than Ace shows a refresh/reload option. Seems unlikely to be a bug on my side so I would assume it was an omission, whether by oversight or design, by the skins the author.
Well when press info video (i), you have options for reload and get fanart or poster or others arts, look images, it´s available in tv shows too (show, season or episode view).

So the skin has it and mine doesn't? Why would those options not appear on mine? Every other skin has it but this one, I've not edited the files at any time and when I first started using the skin it was on a fresh install of xbmc 11 and the option wasn't there and still isn't throughout all the updates till now (to clarify both the skin and xbmc are up to date).

As you can see by the images below that those options just don't appear for me.

Movie view:

TV View:
This skin was created for use with XBMC frodo, release 12...have other release for use with gotham (official repo two options). And have this options by default, don´t need nothing extra.
Mine has looked liked waniltons and have so for frodo and Gotham
I figured it out. Was a problem with "info kiosk mode" being enabled despite showing as disabled in the options. A quick enable and then disable fixed the issue but on restarting xbmc the issue comes back, still an annoyance but far better than having to change out of the skin.
(2014-07-21, 09:48)musera Wrote: [ -> ]I figured it out. Was a problem with "info kiosk mode" being enabled despite showing as disabled in the options. A quick enable and then disable fixed the issue but on restarting xbmc the issue comes back, still an annoyance but far better than having to change out of the skin.

It worked like a charm, thanks