Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: plugin.library.data.provider - recentvideos?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I am trying to make a single videos recently added widget on the home screen (unwatched videos only and sorted by date added). I have been using skin widgets to date, but that requires two lists, for movies and tv shows. I just started playing with "plugin.library.data.provider" and it mentions on its GitHub page that it supports a "recentvideos (movies and episodes)" tag, though I can't get it to work.

These do work:
PHP Code:
<content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentmovies&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentmovies)]</content>
<content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentepisodes&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentepisodes)]</content> 
but
PHP Code:
<content target="video">plugin://service.library.data.provider?type=recentvideos&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentvideos)]</content> 
does not.

Is this a bug or am I missing something? Is there a different way to achieve the functionality I want?

removed151214

Do you have the github version installed? The version on the repo hasn't been updated with this function.
Hi Unfledged, thanks for replying. I do have the github version...i downloaded the zip and installed that way...

removed151214

Are recentmovies and recentepisodes working separately? (Recentvideos just combines the data from those.) If so, post a debug log (wiki).
Yes, those two are working properly on their own.
Please see the debug log

What I did to create the debug log - started xbmc, having recentmovies populate the list. Changed the content line to recentepisodes, refreshed the skin (result successful), change the content line to recentvideos, refreshed the skin, and the list was empty.

removed151214

Looking at the log I'm still going with you not having the git version installed - the addon version hasn't been bumped so (I believe) "Install from zip file" within XBMC won't actually update it (XBMC will think you're wanting to install the same version as is installed) - try manually extracting and replacing the existing version. If that doesn't work, you'll have to wait for someone more knowledgable than me to assist.
The git version is the only one I even tried installing....haven't looked at the repo at all.
I discovered the plugin through BigNoid's post on AeonNox 5... I followed his direct link to github..

Thanks anyways for looking into it.

removed151214

As its on the official repo, it's possible that XBMC had already installed it before you tried to manually do so.

(The reason I think you don't have the git version installed is the recent videos reload parameter (&amp;reload=$INFO[Window.Property(recentvideos)]) - on versions supporting recent videos, this gets set at the same time as the recentmovies and recentepisodes reload parameter. Both of them are shown as set in your debug log, recentvideos isn't.)
Just to be on the safe side, just now I went into the "\portable_data\addons\service.library.data.provider-master" directory, deleted everything, and pasted the contents from the zip file from git. No change.

In the log, I can still see "ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=recentvideos&reload="

Out of curiosity, is recentvideos working on your side as expected?

removed151214

Just tested with the master git version to be sure, and yes it's still working on my side as expected. Bizarre!
(2014-07-23, 19:17)Unfledged Wrote: [ -> ]Bizarre!
not really.

you installed it here:
PHP Code:
"\portable_data\addons\service.library.data.provider-master" 

and then you request it here:
PHP Code:
plugin://service.library.data.provider/?type=recentvideos&reload=" 
see the difference?

removed151214

If you mean service.library.data.provide vs. service.library.data.provider-master, then surely that wouldn't make a difference - the add-on id is still the same, its just in a different folder.

If that's not what you're getting at, feel free to elaborate. I'm no good at guessing games.
Damn, my bad. Both of you are actually correct.
Unfledged, you were right...it seems that an earlier version did get installed. And when I installed manually from git, it installed under a different directory.

I actually had two directories in my addons folder:
service.library.data.provider & service.library.data.provider-master

I tend to list my directories by created date that's why I didn't notice the other folder :-(
Deleting the non master version fixed the problem.

Thank you for the help.
Don't forget XBMC will ignore a zip you're trying to install if there's already a zipped version with the same ID in the packages folder.
(2014-07-23, 22:55)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Don't forget XBMC will ignore a zip you're trying to install if there's already a zipped version with the same ID in the packages folder.

That's fixed in Helix Wink
Pages: 1 2