Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TIDAL music (former WiMP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ste976
Yes
Hi Arneson,
After trying to enable Tidal on Kodi using other add-ons (Tidal and Tidal Audiphile) without success, I was finally able to get Tidal to work in my system with your add-on Tidal2.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

I would really like the functionality of being able to use HQPlayer (with Tidal within Kodi) in order to upsample FLAC to DSD256 into my USB DAC. Not sure why Tidal Audiophile does not work for me (it does not even successfully log in to Tidal).

Any chance of adding that functionality to your add-on?

Federico
Can someone please please PLEASE help me install TIDAL2 on Kodi Krypton? Step by step instructions would be very helpful. Blush
(2017-04-03, 01:39)lenniaj Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please please PLEASE help me install TIDAL2 on Kodi Krypton? Step by step instructions would be very helpful. Blush

1) Go-To System-Settings -> Add-ons and enable "Unknown sources"
2) Download my Repository from here: https://github.com/arnesongit/repository...-0.1.2.zip
3) From the Krypton Main Menu select "Add-ons" and Click on "My add-ons"
4) Select '..' and then "Install from zip file"
5) Search and select my Repository Zip file "repository.arneson-0.1.2.zip"
6) After installation go back to the Main Menu and select Add-Ons -> Install from repository
7) Choose my Repository "TIDAL2 Addons by arneson"
8) Select "Music add-ons" and then "TIDAL2".
9) After Installation my Addon should appear as a Music Addon in the Main Menu

I hope, this description is detailed enough.

arneson
I must be doing something completely wrong. It's just not working for me, keeps saying error. Am I downloading this zip file on my computer or Kodi?
(2017-04-04, 23:03)lenniaj Wrote: [ -> ]I must be doing something completely wrong. It's just not working for me, keeps saying error. Am I downloading this zip file on my computer or Kodi?

Which hardware do you use for Kodi ? Is it an Android system, LibreELEC, Mac, Linux, Windows Huh
Your Kodi system must have access to the drive where you saved the zip file. This can be a network share, a USB stick or a local drive.

arneson
Hello there,

I made some changes and bugfixes in my Addons. Here are the new versions:

Changes to plugin.audio.tidal2-2.0.0-beta13:
- Mark Favorite Artists in Favorite Albums and Favorite Tracks lists
- Fixed problem with Playlists without description
- Cleanup Debug-Logging code
- Fixed loop problem if a Playlist or Album contains less items as specified

Changes to context.item.tidal2-0.1.9:
- Ignore HTTP errors during "Search for New Music"
- Faster "Search for New Music" because it runs now in multiple background threads
- Cleanup Debug-Logging Code, Using debug module from TIDAL2 Addon
- Updated Module fuzzywuzzy to version 0.15.0 from https://github.com/seatgeek/fuzzywuzzy

During my tests I found two things which are not working anymore:
  1. RTMP Playback doesn't work anymore since Kodi Krypton.
    I have to find out, how the stream url has to be set for the ListItem for the inputstream.rtmp Addon.
  2. Video Playback doesn't work anymore if the "Music Streaming Option" in the TIDAL2 Settings is set to "FLAC 16-Bit".
    All other Options have no problem to play music videos.
    Please use "ALAC 16-Bit" or "FLAC/MQA 24-Bit" if you can't play videos. I will fix this problem in the next release.
    >> You have to logout and login again to get a new Session-ID when you change the "Music Streaming Option" !
arneson
Hello again,

I fixed the RTMP Playback problem under Krypton and added a HTTP Video Streaming Option.

Changes to plugin.audio.tidal2-2.0.0-beta14:
  • Fixed "RTMP-Protocol for High/Low Quality" for Kodi Krypton
    (Krypton can decode RTMP Audio Streams without the inputstream.rtmp Addon)
  • Fixed Video Playback if the Android Login Token is used (FLAC 16-Bit Mode)
  • New Option to enable HTTP Video Streaming instead of HLS (max. resolution is 720p)
  • Added a Service which asks for a re-login if Streaming Options are changed
    (only for Kodi versions >= 16.1)

Please Relogin after upgrade, because some settings changed and the Addon possably needs new Session-IDs which have to match to the Streaming Options.

The most important change is, that you can stream Music Videos over HTTP protocol. With HTTP Kodi can use its full network buffers for the stream.
If you have bandwidth problems with HLS Streaming try the Option "Use HTTP instead of HLS Steaming" in the Addon Settings.
But the drawback ist, that HTTP Video Streaming is limited to the resolution 1280x720 Sad

If you have still bandwidth problems with Videos over HTTP protocol, you can increase the Network buffer in the advancedsettings.xml file as described here: http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache

My advancedsettings.xml looks like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<advancedsettings>
  <cache>
    <memorysize>157286400</memorysize>
    <buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <readfactor>4.0</readfactor>
  </cache>
</advancedsettings>

arneson
(2017-04-08, 19:50)arneson Wrote: [ -> ]Hello again,

I fixed the RTMP Playback problem under Krypton and added a HTTP Video Streaming Option.

does the plugin have a password length limit?

I am getting "Login failed!!" but my email and password are correctly entered (I disabled the password hidden field). All I can think is that my password is very long and perhaps that is causing an issue?

nevermind, tried a 12char password and I'm still getting a login failed message. does the plugin log anywhere I can check?
(1974-09-23, 13:51)IndieRockSteve Wrote: [ -> ]does the plugin have a password length limit?

I am getting "Login failed!!" but my email and password are correctly entered (I disabled the password hidden field). All I can think is that my password is very long and perhaps that is causing an issue?

nevermind, tried a 12char password and I'm still getting a login failed message. does the plugin log anywhere I can check?

There is no password length limit.

Do you have special characters in your password, like ä, ö, Ø, \, " or something else ?

Please enable the Debug option in the TIDAL2 Addon Settings and look into the kodi.log. The location of the kodi.log file is described here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

Which Kodi version on which platform do you use ?
What Quality and Streaming options do you set in the Addon ?
Do you have a Premium or a Hifi subscription ?

arneson
(2017-04-10, 17:26)arneson Wrote: [ -> ]There is no password length limit.

Do you have special characters in your password, like ä, ö, Ø, \, " or something else ?

Please enable the Debug option in the TIDAL2 Addon Settings and look into the kodi.log. The location of the kodi.log file is described here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Advanced

Which Kodi version on which platform do you use ?
What Quality and Streaming options do you set in the Addon ?
Do you have a Premium or a Hifi subscription ?

arneson

Oy, just went back in to Kodi to turn on debugging and try logging in and now it allowed me to log in. So I have no clue what is going on...

So, thank you for responding, and I'm glad there is no longer an issue with me using your plugin, I appreciate the help and your efforts in allowing us all to listen to TIDAL through Kodi!
Great continuation of great add-on

Big thanks for your work man !
Hi all / Arneson,

First off, thanks for the great update to this plugin!

Secondly, I'm just wondering if anyone else has notice problems with streaming music, where it will not play an album continuously through, but skip 3 or 4 songs, then play, then skip, then play??

I've checked and random play is not turned on that I can see.

Setup is on a Win10 box, Kodi V17.1

Any thoughts? These seem to be the error's I'm getting in the log:

14:26:59.695 T:8824 NOTICE: [TIDAL2] Got stream with soundQuality:HIGH, codec:AAC
14:26:59.695 T:8824 NOTICE: [TIDAL2] Playing: http://73.audio-pop.tidal.com/80f4ca58b6...a49d728905
14:26:59.861 T:996 ERROR: CFileCache::Open - failed to open cache
14:26:59.862 T:996 ERROR: VideoPlayerCodec::Init: Error opening file http://73.audio-pop.tidal.com/80f4ca58b6...a49d728905
14:26:59.863 T:996 ERROR: CAudioDecoder: Unable to Init Codec while loading file http://73.audio-pop.tidal.com/80f4ca58b6...a49d728905
14:26:59.863 T:996 WARNING: PAPlayer::QueueNextFileEx - Failed to create the decoder
Hi All,

Could somebody help me to make TIDAL2 stream HiFi lossless audio?
As far as I can see it streams at 320kbps AAC and I have not found a way to change it.

I have Tidal HiFi Account and use Raspberry Pi 3 with the latest OSMC loaded.

Thanks in advance!
Hi r4star and r0mn,

you can change the streaming quality options in the Addon Settings.

@r4star: If you have problems with HTTP streaming in HIGH Quality (320kbps) you can try the Music Streaming Option "RTMP Protocol for HIGH/LOW Quality". This Protocol uses different streaming servers. Sometime the "normal" HTTP streaming servers are overloaded.

@r0mn: Check the "Subscription Type" in the Addon Settings. It should be "Hifi" and not "Premium". If it is "Hifi", check if the "Music Quality" option in the Addon Settings is set to "Lossless (FLAC/ALAC/MQA)". If that doesn't help, play with the "Music Streaming Options" and try different settings.

And don't forget to Logout and Login again after changing the Streaming Options, because the streaming mode depends on the Session-ID which the Addon retreives at Login.

I hope that could resolve your problems.

arneson