Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TIDAL music (former WiMP)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2019-11-12, 18:06)crypticc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-09-17, 23:52)Blastcleaner Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
  I'm new the forum and have been reading this thread with interest.  I am using this excellent addon in conjunction with a pro-ject s2 digital dac (with MQA unfolding support).   Kodi is installed on an asus chromebox running librelec.  MQA works fine with many tracks (i get the happy blue light on my dac), but with other supposedly MQA tracks the dac does not 'unfold' the stream (no blue mqa light).  I've confirmed that these are indeed MQA tracks because they unfold if I connect my android phone to my dac.   An example of such a track is any off of the MQA version of Kraftwerk 3D, The Catalogue.  Can anyone please confirm that they get a proper unfolding of these tracks through Tidal2 on Kodi? 

If it means anything, I've noticed the MQA tracks that do not work are originally sourced at 44.1 kHz/32 bit, whereas the ones that do are 48 kHz/32 bit.  

Help is appreciated.

As above check what you have as your native chromebook output. Shield ignores and resamples anyway but fact that you have some success at one rate suggests you might have some luck on chrome con switching the native frequency. 
Just as an update, my chromebox bricked (so many years of good service - what a shame), and I switched to a mini pc running windows 10.  I've had no problem with this addon since. All mqa files play perfectly.
Hello arneson.

If external player is used to play tidal music from Kodi, tags are not visible.

Any change this can be added into addon?
(2019-10-08, 17:07)arneson Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-07, 22:10)Mumsoft Wrote: [ -> ]
(2019-10-02, 13:32)arneson Wrote: [ -> ]...

Thanks for answering. I did the logout/login shuffle but it did not help. With Kraftwerk 3-D. The Calaogue I see three albums, two without the blue MQA mark, one with. But none of them are recognized as MQA-tracks. The first two of course not, but the one with the MQA mark unfortunately not. I have a Mytek Brooklyn DAC, it plays MQA-tracks and shows this fact on screen, and with my humble and aged Olive 4 streamer, that works. So, I don't know what the culprit is in my set. Maybe, just maybe, it's something wrong with my Mytek DAC. BTW I started with the Meridian Exporer 2 DAC, but I don't own that anymore.

Marc        

Hi Marc,

which platform do you use for Kodi ?
I'm using macOS 10.14.6 with Kodi and I switched the Audio output to my Explorer 2 USB DAC. This is working fine.

Please notice, that the decoded FLAC ist not modified at all while playing it.
Check your Kodi-Settings:
  • Output Configuration = "Best Match"
  • Limit Sampling Rate (kHz) to "192.0"
  • Stero Upmix = Disabled
  • Volume Adjustment = "Off"
  • Crossfade between songs = "Off"
  • Disable the replay gain usage

The Kodi volume has to be set to 100%. The volume control has to be done on your OS.
You can use my Script Addon "System Volume Changer" to control the system volume on macOS or Linux.
It's available in my Repository or here: https://github.com/arnesongit/script.change.sysvolume

A few weeks ago I had some trouble with stuttering playpack and timeouts. I found out that the DNS servers from my internet provider cause the problems. After I changed my DNS-Servers to the Google-Servers 8.8.8.8 ans 8.8.4.4 all streams work without stuttering.

I hope one of these hints can solve your problem.

Arneson 

Hi Arneson, bit late to answer, but I just forgot about your recommendations. Now I have seen them again, and retried some MQA-tracks. No blue dot on my Mytek. I searched for the settings, and found the one that did the trick: In Kodi: System (systeem) - Sound (geluid) - Audio throughput (Audio doorvoeren) - Doorvoer toestaan. This is on a raspberry 3. The English terms are guessed.

I have also tried the Qobuz add-in, made by someone called tidalf. Unfortunately this add-in doesn't work at all. Even login to Qobuz isn't working. A workaround with BubbleUPnP and the Qobuz app on a smarthone is feasible, but I prefer to see a nicely working Qobuz add-in. Maybe a new project for you? Angel
Hello,
I second Mumsoft - I would love to have a functioning qobuz addon! I have the same problems like Mumsoft...
Thank you!
Yesterday, I finally succeeded in getting MQA from Tidal2. Gosh, I thought it would be easy, just telling that I have the hifi subscription in my User Account and press Ok. But that did not do the trick. I won't go in detail about the myriad options I have tried unsuccessfully, just this quick observation: there are three columns in the settings, the first column has User Account, Options, and Extended. But one cannot get to the Options or Extended menu, they are greyed out. User Account is the only working menu-entry. Go right, and press Ok, and one leaves the settings. False... When on Ok, press right, to go left.... THEN you have a working menu with Options an Extended. And in Options one find the important choices for a proper MQA experience.

Maybe a little 'bug', but for me it was annoying. And maybe it's not a bug in Tidal2, but something in Kodi? I don't know. But if it concerns Tidal2...
Hey. I have a problem with the latest version of Beta19. While listening to music, libreelec will restart automatically. Why? Please help.
anurulapal.kodi (paste)
Hi everybody,

I updated my TIDAL2 addon to Verison V2.0.0-beta20 with following changes:
  • Added Videos to "Suggestions for me"
  • Fixed missing "Explicit" status in Album Playlists
  • Fixed number of tracks and videos for user playlists
Now you also can find the "At Home With TIDAL" Live Streams under "Suggestions for me".

Stay healthy,
arneson
(2020-04-18, 12:43)arneson Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everybody,

I updated my TIDAL2 addon to Verison V2.0.0-beta20 with following changes:
  • Added Videos to "Suggestions for me"
  • Fixed missing "Explicit" status in Album Playlists
  • Fixed number of tracks and videos for user playlists
Now you also can find the "At Home With TIDAL" Live Streams under "Suggestions for me".

Stay healthy,
arneson 

Thank you so much for making and updating this plugin arneson! I use it all the time. And frankly, KODI is a lot less useful to me without it. I'm so appreciative!
For Tidal and Kodi, I found another way to get Tidal on Kodi for listening. You need to use a tool like AudFree Tidal Playlist Converter for Windows, etc. to convert the Tidal music tracks as local files. Then transfer them to Kodi and listen to them on Kodi with ease. Hope this tip will help you.
I use a Vero 4k+ and I am having trouble playing high sample rate music. The Vero 4k+ can play high sample rate (192khz and or 88khz) files from local content just fine the my receiver displays the appropriate information.

When I pay file using the Tidal2 addon the best I can get is 48khz (as shown on the receiver) when I play the Master Quality files. I have all the settings in the addon selected to play the best quality and I have a premium subscription to Tidal.

Am I doing something wrong?

Just to be clear, everything sounds great, I was just wondering why I don't see any high sample rates.

Thanks in advance.
Maybe your receiver can't handle MQA-files? Just a guess. I have a tiny Raspberry with Tidal2, and it can send MQA-files from Tidal2 to my MQA-compatible dac (a Brooklyn), which plays them fine. MQA-files are in nature small, MQA (if available) will unfold them.

Marc
Thanks, that's probably the reason.
Hi everybody,
when trying to install TIDAL2 using the zip method I'm getting the error

"Installing the addon from zip file located at /home/xxx/Downloads/plugin.audio.tidal2-2.0.0.beta20.zip failed due to an invalid structure".

I downloaded the zip-file from here.
I'm using 'Kodi 18.6 Git:20200427-nogitfound'
My operating system is Linux Manjaro 20.0.1 (kernel; Linux 5.4.23-1-MANJARO)

Could anyone please help me, I don' have any idea what to do to solve the problem.

Thank you very much in advance.
Hello! Do I have an official Tidal HiFi subscription and listen to it through Shield TV Pro? Can Tidal2 read Dolby Atmos and 360 audio tracks? I get a 401 error popping up. What could be the reason?

Здравствуйте! Я имею официальную подписку Tidal HiFi и слушаю его через Shield TV Pro? Умеет ли Tidal2 читать треки Dolby Atmos и 360 audio? У меня выскакивает ошибка 401. В чем может быть причина?
(2020-06-10, 11:27)Justinrost Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! Do I have an official Tidal HiFi subscription and listen to it through Shield TV Pro? Can Tidal2 read Dolby Atmos and 360 audio tracks? I get a 401 error popping up. What could be the reason?

Здравствуйте! У меня есть официальная подписка Tidal HiFi и слушаю его через Shield TV Pro? Умеет ли Tidal2 читать треки Dolby Atmos и 360 audio? У меня выскакивает ошибка 401. В чем может быть причина?