Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Experimental Google Music Addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone, newbie here. Big thanks for foreverguest for his work. I would like to know how to add this addon via amazon firetv. I've tried many times to send an APK install via ADB with no luck. Is your add on located in a repository? is there a direct link I can type into into as a source directly on kodi? thanks in advance.
1) download the ZIP file form this post http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2113368
2) move it either to a network share accessible by Kodi/FireTV or on a USB stick
3) go to Settings -> Addons -> Install from ZIP, browse to the location you downloaded the zip to and select it
4) done
Hi,
FYI, the repository is still providing the 1.4.1 version and not the latest 1.5 version
Should be 1.5 now, thanks for reporting.
holla

im trying to get this plugin (googlemusic.exp-1.5) working in kodi.

unfortunately i always encounter the following exception when trying to play a song:
"Error Contents: GetStreamUrl: 403 Client Error: Forbidden"
http://pastebin.com/BLGhVG96

I tested in Kodi 15.x and 16 - always the same issue.

Issue Resolved: My Issue occured because there was no mobile device registered in my google music account.

regards
(2015-09-23, 20:59)hans01 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry if I chime in here, but is there any other way to manage a music collection consisting of .strm files? Have looked everywhere and not found anything promising. Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

FWIW, if you have the music strm files you can browse them in Kodi as files and Kodi will play them. They just won't get added to the library database. So if you have a collection of .strm files you can use them, just not the way we want, yet. See post #187 for details.
I just installed this add-on and wondering if you need a subscription to make it work?
(2015-10-02, 18:45)NightshiftHD Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed this add-on and wondering if you need a subscription to make it work?
Yes you do.
(2015-10-02, 18:45)NightshiftHD Wrote: [ -> ]I just installed this add-on and wondering if you need a subscription to make it work?

If you don't subscribe you'll have access only to the songs you have uploaded.
Hi everyone!
I had a problem with UTF-8 encoding and i have solution. If you have Cyrillic letters in your user name you should add this lines after import section into your default.py plugin's file

reload(sys)
sys.setdefaultencoding('utf8')

and save it

Enjoy
Is this needed only for login?
Please check if version below works for you:
plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.5.1
Just wanted to say thanks for the add-on. Love it!
Hi guys

im trying to connect my windows Kodi and Pi kodi to my google play account using plugin.audio.googlemusic.exp-1.5. It seems to connect to my account and pull the library down but when i try to play anything i get a script error? I have logged out of my play account through chrome. I have soured this threead and nothing seems to help, any ideas? (sorry for the big paste couldnt find the attached file button :-( )

Debug log

edited by da-anda to move the debug log to pastebin
Other users with similar problem, reported that registering a mobile device in the account solves the issue.