Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stop scan at startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm running a Apple TV2 with XBMC Gotham. All is running smooth when playing movies from my Synology DS112. Only thing is, XBMC is scanning all the files when I start up XBMC. Is there a possibility to shut this off at the start? I would like to scan the files only when I add a new movie. By hand, not automatically.

Thanks in advance.
Turn it off in the video library settings.
It is turned off. That's why it's weird that XBMC is scanning all files during the start up sequence. I don't know how to solve this. Anyone?
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) that simply shows XBMC starting up? That will give us a list of all add-ons installed, and some add-ons like Library Watchdog can turn that setting on.
For some reason XBMC will not send the debug log to my email address. The log ID is 261408. Maybe someone can help me out with this ID.

Thanks
disable the addon "XBMC Library Auto Update" that you have installed.
Yep, you have the add-on "XBMC Library Auto Update" installed. Go to XBMC -> Settings -> Add-ons -> enabled add-ons -> Program add-ons -> XBMC Library Auto Update -> and select disable or uninstall.

EDIT: helta beat me to it ;)
I've disabled the XBMC Library Auto Update. That did the job! Thanks!

How can I manually scan the folders when I add a new movie? XBMC V12 used to have a menu where 'scan library' could be selected.
(2014-08-06, 02:24)helta Wrote: [ -> ]disable the addon "XBMC Library Auto Update" that you have installed.

(2014-08-06, 02:31)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, you have the add-on "XBMC Library Auto Update" installed. Go to XBMC -> Settings -> Add-ons -> enabled add-ons -> Program add-ons -> XBMC Library Auto Update -> and select disable or uninstall.

EDIT: helta beat me to it Wink

I dont see XBMC Library Auto Update. In my settings however Kodi updates every time i start or wake up my system.
Go to Settings->Video->Library->Update library on startup <--- disable that.
(2015-05-29, 03:34)helta Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Settings->Video->Library->Update library on startup <--- disable that.

Yes, that is unchecked as well. I have had XBMC / KODI for years and always had the function disabled but now I cant seem to get it to stop.
Yes. Me too! I have the latest Kodi installed and just can't stop the library scan at startup. I don't see any Auto Update add-on. The "update library on startup" is also off too. Can anyone help? It's driving me nuts!
Are you sure its updating the library, not maybe PVR starting up?

Best to post a debug_log (wiki) so others can see the log and try to troubleshoot

Cheers!