Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!
I think there is something wrong with addon as playback is not possible when loading another profile on OSMCConfused
(2015-07-21, 17:59)Tent Wrote: [ -> ]Hi!
I think there is something wrong with addon as playback is not possible when loading another profile on OSMCConfused

Profiles aren't working correctly to my knowledge - not a bug of the addon.
Hello,

Feeling blonde, but maybe this will help someone else.

I found myself getting a persistent "Script Failed" message when trying to sign in to the YouTube add-on.
Learned how to get a debug log. Put it up on XBMCLogs and was about to post it here. But I didn't...

Before that I'd uninstalled most add-ons, leaving only the ones that were there when YouTube last worked with no issue.
Downgraded from 15.2 RC2 down to the stable Helix build with no success.

The add-on would tell me to activate it twice from Youtube's site but the script would fail before I got an acceptance back.

Suspected the possibility that the good folk at Google are screwing around as my native Youtube apps on my phone and tablet have been intermittently wonky too.

My other Kodi add-ons work fine.

Then I went through the log and it curiously said "User not logged in"

All other Google apps worked fine on my phone and tablet - it was only the YouTube app that was wonky.
Youtube would play perfectly in a browser.

Tried to sign out of my Google account but couldn't from my tablet, so manually synced my Google account.
It was like some kind of sorcery - everything works now.
profiles didn't work for me either

website
Hello,

Today now all I get are search and "popular right now" entries in the main bromix youtube kodi plugin menu.

I turned on the setup wizard and did that (it didn't re-authenticate with the codes and such), but to no avail. The functionality that I want are checked in the settings, but they don't appear.

Is anyone else having this issue? It used to work, and is now doing this since yesterday.
Over the past couple of days, i noticed Youtube would lose my authentication (basically give me a bunch of errors when i hit any menu option) and i'd have to sign out and resign back in. I don't know if something happened, but I figured it was due to myself running RC2. Next time it happens I'll try and see if i can drag a log file out for you.

Later
Jeff
(2015-07-23, 01:42)codekrash Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

Today now all I get are search and "popular right now" entries in the main bromix youtube kodi plugin menu.

I turned on the setup wizard and did that (it didn't re-authenticate with the codes and such), but to no avail. The functionality that I want are checked in the settings, but they don't appear.

Is anyone else having this issue? It used to work, and is now doing this since yesterday.
Just sign out and in again. You got the 5.1.7 Update with new key for quota optimizations.
Thanks bromix,

I tried that and it still won't return to normal. No change. I even tried [ sign out, setup wizard, sign in ] to no avail. I also signed out and back in using a browser, just for shiz
(2015-07-23, 08:33)codekrash Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks bromix,

I tried that and it still won't return to normal. No change. I even tried [ sign out, setup wizard, sign in ] to no avail. I also signed out and back in using a browser, just for shiz
Have you tried to remove the whole addons user directory to start fresh?
Hi Guys
hope you can help me
i can not sign in after installing the last youtube addon found here https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.youtube

i have kodi 14.2 on my minix android
any chance you can help ?
(2015-07-23, 15:37)spieler Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Guys
hope you can help me
i can not sign in after installing the last youtube addon found here https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.youtube

i have kodi 14.2 on my minix android
any chance you can help ?

Install it via the official repo and provide a Debug log (wiki) if any problems still exists.
here is the logs using debug
i tried to set language in english UK for kodi.log
and in the old log it was set to hebrew

file1
file2
(2015-07-23, 20:29)spieler Wrote: [ -> ]here is the logs using debug
i tried to set language in english UK for kodi.log
and in the old log it was set to hebrew

file1
file2

Something is wrong with your DNS
Code:
non-recoverable failure in name resolution

Are you using a proxy or using a missconfigured router? Also please remove the banned add-ons (wiki) first
Hey bromix,

Thanks for the help, and the awesome plugin. It's working again. I guess I was only enable/disable the menu entries for signout, and not actually doing the process. Once I found the signin/signout menu options everything went well and I authorized twice with the tokens and the functionality that I wanted to use is working again.

PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE increase the maximum list size from 50 so, like 5000 and leave the default untouched at 50. I know there's unknown pressure from Google Inc. , but remain strong and get some courage.

but if it's just a matter of time, respect.