Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2014-11-21, 20:36)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]The answer is that Google has stopped access to 1080p.

Through their public API you mean?
Search 1080p on the official YouTube thread and you'll find some details there.
After almost 3 months, there is finally a new version. Do not expect too much. It is a completely rewrite of the alpha18. It took me about 2 months to develop my own framework and about another month to test this (with some existing Addons).
Have fun with the update and give me feedback on what should be the next feature for the addon.
  • UPD: complete rewrite
  • ADD: (un-)subscribe of channels
  • ADD: channel fanarts
Awesome.
Works great, including vevo music video's
18 autoupdated to 20 but did not work for me at all (OpenElec 4.2.1 & Celeron NUC).

After rebooting it did not work either, I was able to type in different searches but no results show up, just an error.

Time to get some sleep and tomorrow hopefully time for some logs.
(2014-11-23, 23:35)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]18 autoupdated to 20 but did not work for me at all (OpenElec 4.2.1 & Celeron NUC).

After rebooting it did not work either, I was able to type in different searches but no results show up, just an error.

Can you try to remove the addon completely and re-install alpha20?
If nothing goes please send me a log Cool
great work bromix.
all videos, vevo's and not that fail on other youtube plugin, worked like a charm.
(2014-11-23, 23:35)Raitsa Wrote: [ -> ]18 autoupdated to 20 but did not work for me at all (OpenElec 4.2.1 & Celeron NUC).

Same problem here, re-installing didn't help.

I'm not sure what log do you need, if it's xbmc.log - here is the error:

01:26:13 T:2863854672 NOTICE: Thread JobWorker start, auto delete: true
01:26:13 T:2755187792 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
01:26:13 T:2755187792 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:26:30 T:2755187792 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'sre_constants.error'>
Error Contents: nothing to repeat
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bromix.youtube/default.py", line 7, in <module>
runner.run(__provider__)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bromix.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/runner.py", line 16, in run
__RUNNER__.run(provider, context)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bromix.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/impl/xbmc/xbmc_runner.py", line 21, in run
results = provider.navigate(context)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bromix.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 58, in navigate
result = method(context, re_match)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bromix.youtube/resources/lib/kodion/abstract_provider.py", line 218, in _internal_search
return self.on_search(query, context, re_match)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bromix.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/provider.py", line 255, in on_search
result.extend(v3.response_to_items(self, context, json_data))
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bromix.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/v3.py", line 160, in response_to_items
result.extend(_process_list_response(provider, context, json_data))
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bromix.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/v3.py", line 149, in _process_list_response
utils.update_video_infos(provider, context, video_id_dict, playlist_item_id_dict)
File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.bromix.youtube/resources/lib/youtube/helper/utils.py", line 37, in update_video_infos
re_match = re.search(regex, video_item.get_name())
File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-4.2/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-4.2.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/re.py", line 142, in search
File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-4.2/build.OpenELEC-RPi.arm-4.2.1/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/re.py", line 242, in _compile
error: nothing to repeat
-->End of Python script error report<--
01:26:31 T:3059155488 ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=vevo
01:26:31 T:3059155488 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/kodion/search/query/?q=vevo) failed
01:26:31 T:2755187792 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
01:26:31 T:2755187792 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
01:26:36 T:2883236944 NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
Rpi/ OE 4.2.1

Alpha 18 was working fine. Updated to Alpha 20. Script failed error

I uninstalled, removed the userdata/addondata/plugin.video.bromix.youtube folder, reinstalled.

I get "script failed" on playlists and subscriptions and search.

My log.

http://pastebin.com/XyNMM6Gg

BTW. It works fine on my Windows 7 with a new install.
Thanks for the update. Everything works as expected. Also alpha 20 change the way we can call the plugin. it is now like this in case anyone wondering:

Code:
plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/play/+YOUTUBEID+/

Is this is permanent change.
Is it possible to browse normal Youtube channels/feeds that is not part of your subscribed channels?
the new alpha is simply brilliant
Login with two step verification doesn't work. It works with an app password (this is unchanged from previous versions)
Without an app password these lines show up in the log file:
Code:
10:37:38 T:140012254902016   ERROR: /home/crowly/.xbmc/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:730: InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding certificate verification is strongly advised. See: https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning will only appear once by default.)
                                              InsecureRequestWarning)
10:37:42 T:140013027686336   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/
10:37:42 T:140013027686336   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.bromix.youtube/) failed

Noticed a lot of these warnings in the log file
Code:
WARNING: GetDurationFromMinuteString <runtime> should be in minutes. Interpreting '39:07' as 39 minutes
The duration calculations might need a little tweak Wink