Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everything is working normally again this morning (Dec 13).
(2015-12-13, 06:04)rodalpho Wrote: [ -> ]@faresqc: The addon uses different API keys for each kodi version. That's why you need to re-authenticate after upgrading.

I haven't an account in the first place, should I have one for the addon to work properly?
That would probably fix it, yeah-- I believe the addon uses a separate key for logged-out users.
(2015-12-08, 17:48)Cal777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-03, 17:37)Cal777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-03, 16:26)Cal777 Wrote: [ -> ]5.1.11 version used to have a sort option that was "Year" now it is "Date" with the 12 version. On both my windows 7 machine running 15.2 with Aeon Nox Skin, and RP2 running 14.2 with confluence skin, they will not sort the search by "Date" properly. The videos are not organizing by the dates for ascending or descending. Before the automatic update to 12, a few days ago, it was working fine. I would do a rollback, to see if 12 is the problem, but that option is greyed out.
watch gallery
I attached (2) supporting images. One with the search settings and another with the results. Notice that the videos are not arranged in a date specific order. They should be arranged chronologically as the setting would suggest. Again, this worked perfectly in version 11.

Bromix: Any ideas on why the "sort by" for date does not work?
[/quote]

Conclusion:

The “sort by” filter for the YouTube addon Version 5.1.12 does not work when looking through the results of a search, or previous searches. I tried it in 14.2, 15.2, and Jarvis 16, with different skins. In addition, I used a fresh Kodi download only using the YouTube addon, and it still didn’t work.
There doesn’t seem to be much interest to solve this problem, but here is a workaround:
If you are lucky enough to have used the Backup program addon; restore from a previous backup that has a YouTube version 5.1.11 or older.
Going forward; set your update settings to “never.” That way you can pick and choose which updates you want to install. Once it is running the way you want it to, back it up. That way you only update the addons that have been fully tested, and do not compromise the function of the addon.
If you really need to sort by date, and restore is not an option, then you can just go to a browser and use the YouTube website and filter by upload date, until the newer update fixes the problem.
The addon authors should offer rollbacks of previous stable versions, and offer the newer untested updates more like a beta offering for people to try out. If it is corrupted, then they can rollback to a previous version.
If I set "sort by" to "Default", the videos are displayed by date with the newest first. The problem is when I select View: Media Info and then exit / re-enter, it's set to View: Thumbnail. It doesn't seem to remember the View: Media Info setting.

The actual dates are shown in View: Media Info

Version 5.1.12
(2015-12-15, 00:31)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]If I set "sort by" to "Default", the videos are displayed by date with the newest first. The problem is when I select View: Media Info and then exit / re-enter, it's set to View: Thumbnail. It doesn't seem to remember the View: Media Info setting.

Version 5.1.12

The default setting in version 12, and all the other settings do not sort in a chronological order, like it should, and did in version 11 and earlier.
(2015-12-15, 20:04)Cal777 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-15, 00:31)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]If I set "sort by" to "Default", the videos are displayed by date with the newest first. The problem is when I select View: Media Info and then exit / re-enter, it's set to View: Thumbnail. It doesn't seem to remember the View: Media Info setting.

Version 5.1.12

The default setting in version 12, and all the other settings do not sort in a chronological order, like it should, and did in version 11 and earlier.

They do for me and always have. The actual dates only show in select View modes though.

Version 5.1.12

Confirmed, sorting by date does not work at all for me neither. That is independent from the view mode or the "sort by" setting.
(2015-12-15, 22:17)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]

Version 5.1.12

They do for me and always have. The actual dates only show in select View modes though.
The "default" does not sort by newest to oldest. It is based more on relevance. I could post an image of that as well. The "sort by" has nothing to do with the view. The sort by date does not work in version 12, and never has. See the images above in post #2659. Look at both images. The results show that they are not in order by date, but instead random. I am using an earlier version now, that works great, like it has for the many years I have been using the addon.
Sort by: Default does sort newest to oldest for me and always has. I guess I'm the lucky one. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket. Smile

Version: 5.1.12
Confluence Skin

https://blueribb.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5
(2015-12-17, 01:19)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Sort by: Default does sort newest to oldest for me and always has. I guess I'm the lucky one. Maybe I should buy a lottery ticket. Smile

Confluence Skin

https://blueribb.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

Here are images of a similar search on 12/17/15. Ascending and descending did not change the results.

Confluence Skin
watch gallery
I don't use the search feature. I set-up subscription channels on my Windows 10 computer in another room. Jay Leno's Garage is one of my subscribed channels. The only setting I changed was "View By", which seems broken now and resets itself to "Thumbnail" for some reason. The actual date is not shown but the chronological order is correct (newest to oldest).

When you change something in settings (left pane), you must exit a level and re-enter for the changes to take effect. As you can see by my screen shots in the previous post, the add-on order is exactly the same as the YouTube order (newest to oldest). This has never been an issue for me. I can't explain why it won't work for you.

Folder: Subscriptions
Jay Leno's Garage
View by: Thumbnail
Sort by: Default

Intel NUC
OpenELEC 6.0.0
YouTube Add-on version 5.1.12
Confluence Skin

When you go into YouTube online and choose your subscription channel (left pane), and then select "videos", you can change the order there too. (top right corner). Maybe your problem is not setting up a subscription channel online before using the YouTube add-on.
Hi,

I've upgraded my Kodi to version 17 alpha and everything works great so far, but I have a problem with this Youtube addon. After I re-authenticate it two times like I did with Kodi 16, it logins without any problems but when I want to manage my channels or view my subscriptions it says that it couldn't authenticate my login. Searching worked ok. So I tried to logout my Youtube account, re-authenticate for the second time and login back, but the problem persists.
Should I revert back to Kodi 16 (because my daughter would kill me) and keep waiting, or did I do something wrong?
(2015-12-17, 17:45)Illumination19 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've upgraded my Kodi to version 17 alpha and everything works great so far, but I have a problem with this Youtube addon. After I re-authenticate it two times like I did with Kodi 16, it logins without any problems but when I want to manage my channels or view my subscriptions it says that it couldn't authenticate my login. Searching worked ok. So I tried to logout my Youtube account, re-authenticate for the second time and login back, but the problem persists.
Should I revert back to Kodi 16 (because my daughter would kill me) and keep waiting, or did I do something wrong?

That's why it's call alpha
(2015-12-17, 17:30)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]I don't use the search feature. I set-up subscription channels on my Windows 10 computer in another room. Jay Leno's Garage is one of my subscribed channels. The only setting I changed was "View By", which seems broken now and resets itself to "Thumbnail" for some reason. The actual date is not shown but the chronological order is correct (newest to oldest).

When you change something in settings (left pane), you must exit a level and re-enter for the changes to take effect. As you can see by my screen shots in the previous post, the add-on order is exactly the same as the YouTube order (newest to oldest). This has never been an issue for me. I can't explain why it won't work for you.

Folder: Subscriptions
Jay Leno's Garage
View by: Thumbnail
Sort by: Default

Intel NUC
OpenELEC 6.0.0
YouTube Add-on version 5.1.12
Confluence Skin

When you go into YouTube online and choose your subscription channel (left pane), and then select "videos", you can change the order there too. (top right corner). Maybe your problem is not setting up a subscription channel online before using the YouTube add-on.

As I suspected, you are searching from within your channel subscription, which is not the same as a general search. Most people use a general search so their results are not restricted to a specific channel. Otherwise, you would have to know, and search, all the different channels to find content, which would take forever. The YouTube website, and the YouTube addon for Kodi version 11, and previous versions, are able to search by date without any problems.

I restate my original post with added specificity: The YouTube addon for Kodi version 5.1.12 is incapable of sorting by date, in a chronological order, from the "search" button, the results of that search, or previous searches. (New readers see post #2659 for visual aid)

I know Team Kodi-members want feedback, and will benefit from it, but after my foray into the forum, regarding this issue, I can see why many users are reluctant to provide their observations.