Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No disrespect to Bromix at all but is there a quick way I can reverse the recent search ordering change? For example, I have a saved "billy boyd" search for my kids who love to see the video of his song for the Hobbit. The "official" HD video would be right there at the top of the list, just like if I do https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=billy+boyd. Now I can't find it at all, even if I cycle through the search orderings from the pop-in menu. I've tried "billy boyd the last goodbye" and nope, no luck either.
(2015-12-23, 17:53)richardb70 Wrote: [ -> ]No disrespect to Bromix at all but is there a quick way I can reverse the recent search ordering change? For example, I have a saved "billy boyd" search for my kids who love to see the video of his song for the Hobbit. The "official" HD video would be right there at the top of the list, just like if I do https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=billy+boyd. Now I can't find it at all, even if I cycle through the search orderings from the pop-in menu. I've tried "billy boyd the last goodbye" and nope, no luck either.

Sure you don't have "Unwatched" selected in the pop-in menu? Otherwise, not sure why the change in search would affect the result not showing up like that.
(2015-12-23, 15:58)cat2115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-23, 10:49)KI2000 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-23, 09:26)superwad Wrote: [ -> ]I had so many problems trying to even USE the add-on today. It wouldn't search, I couldn't play any videos, I couldn't even load my channel.

So I went into the code, changed the Isengard API key and OAuth information to one I just created for myself, and suddenly everything works again. Super happy!

With respect to bromix, I think (having looked at the API limits for YouTube) that whoever takes on this project in the future should include notes on how to set up your own API key. It took me all of 10 minutes (and a little more than half of that was finding the right buttons to push to get my keys), and then I have an add-on that will never compete for API resources with anybody else on the planet.

I had to do the same for the search keys ...
Finally have my own quota :-D

@bromix, thank you for this great add-ons. Wishing you the best in life.

@suoerwad and @KI2000, would you mine share how you edit API to make Youtube work. amd what you use to edit API? I, myself, kept getting error when doing search or play youtube. I think it said "exceed limited"

Thanks in advance

+1. Can anybody point out above steps please. I really miss youtube.

Thanks.
Thanks bromix for all your hardwork and effort. You created an amazing addon. I wish you the best for the new year.
It was posted way back.

https://developers.google.com/youtube/re...pplication

File is called "login_client.py" in the lib/youtube folder.

but in all honesty, if you don't understand the way youtube's API system works, i wouldn't mess with it.

Just my two cents, Good Luck!

Jeff

(EDITED: Added the file location and name)

(2015-12-23, 22:31)ace310 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-23, 15:58)cat2115 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-23, 10:49)KI2000 Wrote: [ -> ]I had to do the same for the search keys ...
Finally have my own quota :-D

@bromix, thank you for this great add-ons. Wishing you the best in life.

@suoerwad and @KI2000, would you mine share how you edit API to make Youtube work. amd what you use to edit API? I, myself, kept getting error when doing search or play youtube. I think it said "exceed limited"

Thanks in advance

+1. Can anybody point out above steps please. I really miss youtube.

Thanks.
I just did a clean install of Kodi 15.2 and when I installed the Youtube plugin I picked the wrong language/region by mistake.

When I'm trying to execute the setup-wizard again it crashes when I'm choosing YES to change language/region.

Reinstall of Youtube not working. Any Ideas?

Merry Christmas!
(2015-12-23, 20:57)NeoCortex Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-23, 17:53)richardb70 Wrote: [ -> ]No disrespect to Bromix at all but is there a quick way I can reverse the recent search ordering change? For example, I have a saved "billy boyd" search for my kids who love to see the video of his song for the Hobbit. The "official" HD video would be right there at the top of the list, just like if I do https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=billy+boyd. Now I can't find it at all, even if I cycle through the search orderings from the pop-in menu. I've tried "billy boyd the last goodbye" and nope, no luck either.

Sure you don't have "Unwatched" selected in the pop-in menu? Otherwise, not sure why the change in search would affect the result not showing up like that.

I have the same problem. The sorting is all messed up because of the latest update. It is now sorted with "most recent uploads" first. Any way to fix it to what it was (most relevant, I think)?
I too would like to know if there is an easy way to revert the search results to display the most relevant first. I am having a very hard time finding results since the newest update.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edit File: resources / lib / youtube / client / youtube.py
Delete lines 477 and 478:

477 'maxResults': str(self._max_results),
478 'order': 'date'}

Change to:
477 'maxResults': str(self._max_results)}
(2015-12-24, 15:39)PatOso Wrote: [ -> ]

Edit File: resources / lib / youtube / client / youtube.py
Delete lines 477 and 478:

477 'maxResults': str(self._max_results),
478 'order': 'date'}

Change to:
477 'maxResults': str(self._max_results)}

Legend, I'll try that when I'm next on. Thanks!
(2015-12-22, 10:42)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Small update for christmas.

• default search order by date (newest first)
  • VEVO signature calculation

Thanks for the update and best of luck for you in your future. Does anybody know the method in which to change the search order?
(2015-12-24, 19:01)mstang1988 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-12-22, 10:42)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Small update for christmas.

• default search order by date (newest first)
  • VEVO signature calculation

Thanks for the update and best of luck for you in your future. Does anybody know the method in which to change the search order?

NM, I figured it out. Modified youtube.py to revert the change on my system.
Merry x-mess Angel

• reverted search order by date
Thank you bromix. I really love your plugin and im sad about your plan to stop it 2016.

I have a big problem and I dont know what i can do.
Everytime I start my Raspberry Pi 2 and start the YT Plugin, i get a "Invalide Credentials" Error, when I try to watch a Video.
After reloging with my account (yt.com/activate) it works for the next time. But after restarting ... (there is maybe an other reason but it looks like 'after restarting the RP2').

Any ideas whats going wrong?

PS: Sorry for my bad english Smile
(2015-12-24, 19:55)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Merry x-mess Angel

• reverted search order by date

Merry Chrsitmas Bromix, you'll be missed.