Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-02-22, 20:00)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-22, 19:42)Heebs Wrote: [ -> ]Hi blueribb

I was able to uninstall YouTube but as I could not open the link in the post 3159 I reinstalled YouTube but it's still the same,.

Please could you send me the information in the link in post 3159 as I can't open it for some reason.

Many thanks

There is a working link in post # 3159 containing finalmakerr's 5.1.17 YouTube Addon. I just tried downloading it and it works for me. Don't know what to tell you. Try another browser.

Heebs, here's what you do,

First uninstall the youtube addon in Kodi

Exit Kodi

Download (using firefox or chrome, I checked both and worked) http://offshoregit.com/finalmakerr/Fixed...5.1.17.zip (then move it to your addon folder: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons)

Go to your addon_data folder: C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data

Delete the youtube addon file 'plugin.video.youtube'

Startup Kodi

Go in to settings, then addons, then install from zip file and choose the file you downloaded earlier

and from there you should be set (you will have to sign in again and do the two step authentication process)

this is what worked for me (but still no my subscriptions) but for now its better than nothing!

hope that helps
(2016-02-22, 20:31)moJinn Wrote: [ -> ]

I was able to uninstall YouTube but as I could not open the link in the post 3159 I reinstalled YouTube but it's still the same,.

Please could you send me the information in the link in post 3159 as I can't open it for some reason.

Many thanks

There is a working link in post # 3159 containing finalmakerr's 5.1.17 YouTube Addon. I just tried downloading it and it works for me. Don't know what to tell you. Try another browser.

Exit Kodi

Download (using firefox or chrome, I checked both and worked) http://offshoregit.com/finalmakerr/Fixed...5.1.17.zip (then move it to your addon folder: C:\Users\*****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons)

Go to your addon_data folder: C:\Users\****\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data

Startup Kodi

Go in to settings, then addons, then install from zip file and choose the file you downloaded earlier

and from there you should be set (you will have to sign in again and do the two step authentication process)

this is what worked for me (but still no my subscriptions) but for now its better than nothing!

hope that helps

Try the "Subscriptions" folder instead of "My Subscriptions"
The "My Subscriptions"-Folder is elementar! :-( this is shit. Where is the new yt-plugin-developer?
I have read the last 10 pages and i have same problems like other Sad
My addons it's autoupdates to 5.1.17 and now the search it's no more working........ i ever used the addons app whitout logged to my account and it's ever worked............

I don't know if i need to install the youtube version picked from here -> http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2252795

Of how i need to do......... if it's necessary i have opened about one month ago a Youtube developed keys.............. i need to apply this on default bromix login_client.py only ?

Ah... i use Youtube on Pi2 whit latest version of OSMC based (from recently) to Kodi 16.0................ this is a usefull info for obtain some solution ?
(2016-02-22, 21:09)Vel2101 Wrote: [ -> ]The "My Subscriptions"-Folder is elementar! :-( this is shit. Where is the new yt-plugin-developer?

Use "Subscriptions" folder instead

The original developer is gone but others are stepping up to the plate. No one is being paid for their time.

Many thanks

Exit Kodi

Startup Kodi

hope that helps

Hello Mojinn

Many thNks for your. Helpful answer...I got as far as e it Kodi after uninstalling YouTube Add on but opening Firefox on my magic tv box linked to my tv and downloading etc is something I am not aware how to do...do I use android on the box...and download onto the box....?
Sorry...I meant thank you Mojinn
According to my previous reply upper here.......... i have uninstall the bromix 5.1.17 addons and i have after install the fixed version from post #3159 (the same link posted above).

I have restart my Pi2 and tryed some video but i thinks it's working whit some problems like:
I have some channel link signed as "bookmark" on home page of osmc......... if i try to access some of this channel i don't obtain errors but there's obtain a empty list of video.
For obtain that i need to use the search of youtube app............... it's normal or it's a bug ?

I have tryed to remove all my bookmark.............. and after used the search of youtube i have try to readd someone but there's no help me and if i try to lauch some channel from bookmark on home page of kodi i obtain an empty list of video.
I have tryed to add a video on bookmark....... and if i launch this video from search all it's working but if i launch the same video from bookmark i obtain an error and say to me to read the log of kodi.
(2016-02-22, 21:29)Heebs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-22, 20:00)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]There is a working link in post # 3159 containing finalmakerr's 5.1.17 YouTube Addon. I just tried downloading it and it works for me. Don't know what to tell you. Try another browser.

Exit Kodi

Startup Kodi

hope that helps

Hello Mojinn

Many thNks for your. Helpful answer...I got as far as e it Kodi after uninstalling YouTube Add on but opening Firefox on my magic tv box linked to my tv and downloading etc is something I am not aware how to do...do I use android on the box...and download onto the box....?

Use a USB Flash Drive. Put the ZIP file on the flash drive and plug it into your box. Access the file from within Kodi. I hope this helps.
(2016-02-22, 21:29)Heebs Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-22, 20:00)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]There is a working link in post # 3159 containing finalmakerr's 5.1.17 YouTube Addon. I just tried downloading it and it works for me. Don't know what to tell you. Try another browser.

Exit Kodi

Startup Kodi

hope that helps

Hello Mojinn

Sorry, I assumed you were using windows, but you should be able to do the same thing (although the directory structure is different on android) you should do some research on how Kodi is installed on Android devices, and where the Kodi files are, and when you know these things and are able to download the file, you can follow my instructions and it should work, perhaps there is an Android section on this forum? I'm not sure, I'm new here
Are you volunteering?

(2016-02-22, 21:09)Vel2101 Wrote: [ -> ]The "My Subscriptions"-Folder is elementar! :-( this is shit. Where is the new yt-plugin-developer?
Hi guys,

I've noitced that when you uninstall the youtube plug-in the addon_data stays around

You need to make sure you remove the userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube folder then you should be able to restart youtube setup from scratch.

Jeff
(2016-02-22, 21:24)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Use "Subscriptions" folder instead

why do you keep suggesting that? you might be trying to help but subscriptions is useless if you have hundreds of channels. please, stop, people use my subscriptions for a reason... wth man...
(2016-02-23, 00:05)tuputamadre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-22, 21:24)blueribb Wrote: [ -> ]Use "Subscriptions" folder instead

why do you keep suggesting that? you might be trying to help but subscriptions is useless if you have hundreds of channels. please, stop, people use my subscriptions for a reason... wth man...

Until "My Subscriptions" is fixed, it's a working alternative. I really see no use for "My Subscriptions" but then again, I only subscribe to 4 channels. Smile
It isn't. That isn't how I use YouTube either. I use the latest updated subscribed videos as a constantly updated "my playing" list. The list of subscribed channels is not a substitute for that.

I'm using the youtube androidtv app on a FireTV until the kodi addon gets an active maintainer. I suggest other people do the same-- you can get a FireTV stick for like $35.