Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am using the latest youtube i can access on the addons .............they just do not update.........i have deleted the addon # ........not sure what up................
(2016-02-29, 12:46)Kolifanes Wrote: [ -> ]For download
https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...1.20.1.zip

I have a feature request.................. instead the bookmark from osmc homepage it's not refresh the video list on a channel it's possible to redefine the "search" feature ?
Now after a "search" we obtain only video result......... for search "Live" or "Channel" it's needed to select the correct filter after the search. On my SmartTV when i do a search it's little different:
The search result contain link "channel"... "live stream" all in once............. for example if i try to search "Cinemassacre" on my SmartTV i obtain at first search result the link to main channel and after this all the recent or related search video about my request..... i thinks this is better respect how working now the "search" feature on kodi.
(2016-02-29, 23:23)misty01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 23:09)wasp9166 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, but if you don't have the zip, like me , no dice , and still no one has posted it , so the app will have to suffice

Click page 231 of this thread. You will see several times the download link for the latest youtube posted. Please read some of this thread, it is helpful and you will find answers.

i read and read before i asked , i cannot see the full address for the link, can anyone? there is ............. in between

even if i could , is this the addy to install from zip ?
https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...1.20.1.zip

Click the above to download the zip file. Then transfer that if necessary to your Kodi box and point install from zip at the file.
(2016-03-01, 00:33)wasp9166 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 23:23)misty01 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-02-29, 23:09)wasp9166 Wrote: [ -> ]yeah, but if you don't have the zip, like me , no dice , and still no one has posted it , so the app will have to suffice

Click page 231 of this thread. You will see several times the download link for the latest youtube posted. Please read some of this thread, it is helpful and you will find answers.

i read and read before i asked , i cannot see the full address for the link, can anyone? there is ............. in between

even if i could , is this the addy to install from zip ?

Here's the full link, just replace the xx with tt

hxxps://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.video.youtube/releases/download/5.1.20.1/plugin.video.youtube-5.1.20.1.zip

you need to download it, tell your firetv stick to install from zip then point it to the download location. Or if you had ES explorer you can enter the url and go from there.
Successful install using this zipfile.
Had to restart the system to get back sound, though.
(2016-03-01, 01:33)Bosse_B Wrote: [ -> ]Successful install using this zipfile.

it's not the latest... the latest it's 5.1.20.1.... link it's above here. Simply look around.
(2016-03-01, 01:35)DjDiabolik Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-01, 01:33)Bosse_B Wrote: [ -> ]Successful install using this zipfile.

it's not the latest... the latest it's 5.1.20.1.... link it's above here. Simply look around.

Thats just silly look at https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...e/releases

both link to the same EXACT git blob, unless kolifanes is messing around only with zip files and ignoring the GitHub for managing source code, which is a terrible way to do it IMO as it just generates confusion.

I think one GitHub Repo which has the very latest source code should be created and managed properly, and there in this repo, everyone whos interested in providing fixes can submit them for inclusion, and from there the main youtube addon can be kept up-to-date in the kodi repo.

As is its utter madness and chaotic confusion.

To help this some instead of just criticizing, I would volunteer to do the Youtube Git project management (for 6 months to start) for whoever assumes the upstream maintainer job.
I retrieved the 5.1.20.1 zipfile above and used it to update my Youtube addon.
Seems to work but I have not done any extended testing. Sound is anyway preserved which it was not yesterday until a reboot of the KODI server.
Hi,

could someone explain me how to install this updated youtube version on my fire TV Stick with adbFire? I can copy the file over with adb..but then I am stuck... Sad
I dont understand how to install it...or where to copy.
If you have the zip file on the stick, then from within Kodi go to add-ons and then install from zip, point Kodi at wherever you put the zip file and then click ok.
Nice, thanks alot! Took me quite a while to find the "install from zip "menu. Wink
I currently have 5.1.17 version of youtube installed. It's working fine for me.
I can login and see all my subscriptions and watch later... etc
So what does the version 5.1.20.1 offer? Is it an improvement over the one i have installed?

Let me know
Thanks
(2016-03-01, 19:16)naju10 Wrote: [ -> ]I currently have 5.1.17 version of youtube installed. It's working fine for me.
I can login and see all my subscriptions and watch later... etc
So what does the version 5.1.20.1 offer? Is it an improvement over the one i have installed?

Let me know
Thanks

if it aint broke, dont fix it
i can not see my subscription and watch later and playlist... i just get a box with .. to go back