Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2016-03-13, 10:29)skydivertricky Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All

Recently updated to Kodi 16.0 Jarvis on windows 10. But now the youtube addon that worked previously no longer works, and there doesnt appear to be an update in the kodi repo.

This appears to be a rather long thread - I dont really want to trawl through all of it to find out if there is a fix or not - is there a fix? What is it?

Thanks for the help

1) Close Kodi.

2)
Delete

$KODI/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.youtube folder

$KODI/addons/plugin.video.youtube

2) restart kodi.

3) Download latest version of the plugin in development from https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...e/releases. Put the .zip file into a folder readable by Kodi. Install the plugin from the .zip file (Settings → Add-ons → Install from zip file -> Navigate to the ZIP file)
(2016-03-12, 10:25)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]It would be better to put specific name or names rather than something generic like "kodiforum" which means little practically. There should be a link in there back to this thread anyway, and of course give Bromix his due credit.

I think you'd be adding like 5 people to that list. thats why i thought the Kodi Youtube Forum would be better, but if that wont work, then it's probably just best to leave it to bromix since it's still a majority of his code.

Jeff
I think the devs are watching this forum, and submits from kolifanes github might be submitted to the official one but don't quote me on that. no one has taken this project over yet and we're still using this forum for questions/updates that bromix started.

FYI, bromix's github for the plugin is gone. And as far as I know he's not reading this forum anymore.

Jeff

(2016-03-12, 16:48)misty01 Wrote: [ -> ]Is anybody PR'ing the latest forum release into the Kodi Gotham/Helix/Isengard/Jarvis repository? According to submission rules only the repo owner can send a PR to the mail list.

Anyway, other things need changing.

Code:
(I changed the email address below so he does not get spammed.)

<email>bromix at abc dot net</email>
<source>https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.youtube</source>

(2016-03-12, 02:16)*Spider* Wrote: [ -> ]It would be best to just rename the author as Kodiforum and be done with it. It wouldn't hurt to add "Developer Wanted".

(2016-03-12, 01:24)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]Might not be a bad idea, put kodiforum/bromix as the author or put Kodi Forum as the author and put in the comments saying originally from bromix. this was ppl don't gripe to bromix about a plugin he doesn't maintain but the forum does.

my 2 cents.

Jeff
Can someone please provide the link to the new files that will fix youtube api error. I received the error after creating my youtube channel addon.
(2016-03-13, 16:21)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-12, 10:25)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]It would be better to put specific name or names rather than something generic like "kodiforum" which means little practically. There should be a link in there back to this thread anyway, and of course give Bromix his due credit.

I think you'd be adding like 5 people to that list. thats why i thought the Kodi Youtube Forum would be better, but if that wont work, then it's probably just best to leave it to bromix since it's still a majority of his code.

Jeff

And the problem with that would be?

Or else just add whoever is leading the team, or who is responsible for the source repo. And if no one is leading the team then nominate one to do so. It needs a point of reference contact, not just a thread.
I see what you mean. Well since all I do is help on the forum, I can't speak for the others. I guess it would be best to leave it as bromix since it is still his code. The forum is just maintaining it, until someone takes over with the plugin development.

Jeff

(2016-03-13, 19:57)DarrenHill Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-03-13, 16:21)jdf76 Wrote: [ -> ]

Jeff

And the problem with that would be?

Or else just add whoever is leading the team, or who is responsible for the source repo. And if no one is leading the team then nominate one to do so. It needs a point of reference contact, not just a thread.
Here is the link to the plugin

https://github.com/Kolifanes/plugin.vide...1.20.4.zip

(2016-03-13, 19:53)Don_black00 Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone please provide the link to the new files that will fix youtube api error. I received the error after creating my youtube channel addon.
Thanks so I just need to uninstall the other YouTube plugin and replace with this one and that should fix my api error
Well when you uninstall, it doesn't remove the token information. you'll need to delete the addon_data directory in the userdata directory.
Thanks, it is working I am going to do some more test.
Cool. Good Luck.
hello, for me everything works fine extept the video with age verification .i am connected to my account,the age is correct,works using firefox but not in kodi (it says no video streams found) thank you for your help
I've honestly never gotten that to work. I'm not sure how to get around that.
(2016-03-11, 16:53)Fludizz Wrote: [ -> ]Just as a minor suggestion... would it be an idea to update the plugin provider string:
Code:
<addon id="plugin.video.youtube" name="YouTube" version="5.1.20.4" provider-name="bromix">

I'm not suggesting removing bromix his name from the plugin (Credit where credit is due and such), but more to update it to the current maintainer(s) for clarity sake.
Any thoughts?
I'm sure they will do that, once there is a current maintainer. So far we have a couple people putting out breakfix patches, but nobody taking ownership.
Could team kodi let us know when they will be updating the repo with the latest version of the forum fixes?

Love to see it be updated there..

thx
Jeff