Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(2015-02-20, 14:33)TechnoTuup Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 17:30)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-19, 17:25)TechnoTuup Wrote: [ -> ]Hi

I am getting a 'Script Failed' error when launching the YouTube app on Kodi 14.1 Helix running the standard skin (also tried with Aeon Nox, same error). I don't think it was skin related though, but I've tried anyway. Big Grin

My pastebin is: http://pastebin.com/YmmteaAy

I get the error when launching the app or when I want to start a trailer from the Movie section info page.

I already tried reinstalling Kodi with all new settings but that didn't help.

What am I doing wrong..?

Thanks for the info...it's the same issue Smile

Looking at the link, it states Resolved. What should I do to resolve it? Look up the files and change the highlighted lines in those files?

No Smile either you wait for v5.0.7 (final) or you test the v5.0.7~betaX via my repository.
(2015-02-21, 04:02)Pixxaddict Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-20, 12:56)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Also this will need a service to run all the time, because we need an opened connection/port (UPD mostly) to receive the commands from the server - which will more likely result in a separate addon Smile
This makes sense, but - speaking of me - when I want to watch a video on Youtube, the addon is already open. So the "listening serivce" has to be running only if the addon is in foreground and it is paired with a device.

Technically not possible. Addons (not scripts or services) are only triggered to execute something (mostly one step). This isn't enough to start a service. A service is always running otherwise it isn't a service. The function behind the paring of YouTube is completely different to MTV and NEEDS A PERMANENT CONNECTION TO THE YOUTUBE/GOOGLE SERVER! Wink
Every command you send from your device will run first through the YouTube/Google Server before reaching your HTPC.

I would prefer in your case Yatse....everything else isn't worth the time and effort. The protocol isn't that simple and undocumented, because it's for hardware-manufactures, we only can reverse engineer the protocol - and that's too much to handle.
(2015-02-21, 14:50)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]Technically not possible. Addons (not scripts or services) are only triggered to execute something (mostly one step). This isn't enough to start a service. A service is always running otherwise it isn't a service. The function behind the paring of YouTube is completely different to MTV and NEEDS A PERMANENT CONNECTION TO THE YOUTUBE/GOOGLE SERVER! Wink
Every command you send from your device will run first through the YouTube/Google Server before reaching your HTPC.

I would prefer in your case Yatse....everything else isn't worth the time and effort. The protocol isn't that simple and undocumented, because it's for hardware-manufactures, we only can reverse engineer the protocol - and that's too much to handle.
All right, thank you for clarifying this. Didn't know the concept behind Youtube remote feature and addons/services/scripts regarding Kodi, so I didn't know what's possible and what's not Smile
Hey bromix - cheers for the awesome addon and for keeping Youtube alive within XBMC.

I only have two issues which would be great if you could answer...

1. The old youtube plugin did not have an issue with region locked content... so alot of the music videos I watch (I'm in the UK) return the "This is not available in your country" flag whereas the old plugin didn't do that. Is there any way around that without using a DNS/VPN service?

2. Every time I do a search within Youtube - the search always returns in a list format by default even though I am using the Confluence default skin. All other pages default to thumbnail - just every new search within the plugin gives the list view back by default. Have you come accross it before and is there any way to sort it?

Cheers!
When playing some videos I get the error message that this content is unavailable on this device, mostly vevo content,I assume because it knows I'm not in a normal browser. Any work around for this?
(2015-02-22, 05:37)Nailzy Wrote: [ -> ]Hey bromix - cheers for the awesome addon and for keeping Youtube alive within XBMC.

I only have two issues which would be great if you could answer...

1. The old youtube plugin did not have an issue with region locked content... so alot of the music videos I watch (I'm in the UK) return the "This is not available in your country" flag whereas the old plugin didn't do that. Is there any way around that without using a DNS/VPN service?
Normally this shouldn't happen. Can you give me an example...maybe a debug log (wiki) maybe I can see something. The other solution would be a proxy.

(2015-02-22, 05:37)Nailzy Wrote: [ -> ]2. Every time I do a search within Youtube - the search always returns in a list format by default even though I am using the Confluence default skin. All other pages default to thumbnail - just every new search within the plugin gives the list view back by default. Have you come accross it before and is there any way to sort it?

Cheers!

The setting for overriding the view is happening here Wink The search result is set to content-type=episodes and the mechanism will set the view you defined for episodes (list). If you wan't another view you have to disable the setting in the addon-settings.
(2015-02-22, 08:07)jonass21 Wrote: [ -> ]When playing some videos I get the error message that this content is unavailable on this device, mostly vevo content,I assume because it knows I'm not in a normal browser. Any work around for this?

debug log (wiki) maybe I can see what's wrong. I don't watch Vevo at all Wink so I don't know what's not working Wink
(2015-02-22, 05:37)Nailzy Wrote: [ -> ]2. Every time I do a search within Youtube - the search always returns in a list format by default even though I am using the Confluence default skin. All other pages default to thumbnail - just every new search within the plugin gives the list view back by default. Have you come accross it before and is there any way to sort it?

Cheers!

Ahh...now I see the issue...mhmm... Rofl

Update
Okay...this seems to be the issue of old saved view modes for each folder (before the override). I cleaned everything so no stored view mode exists....now it's working.
50 videos limit in My Subscriptions list is to small for me. Is it possible to enlarge it, to 100, or more?

Thank you for great addon!
Hi, here is the French translation update

Strings
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes"?>
<strings>
    <!-- Kodion Settings -->
    <string id="30000">Géneral</string>
    <string id="30001">Mail</string>
    <string id="30002">Mot de passe</string>

<string id="30010">Qualité des vidéos</string>
    <string id="30011">480p</string>
    <string id="30012">720p (HD)</string>
    <string id="30013">1080p (HD)</string>
    <string id="30014">2160p (4k)</string>
    <string id="30015">4320p (8k)</string>
    <string id="30016">240p</string>
    <string id="30017">360p</string>

<string id="30020">Activer la 3D</string>
    <string id="30021">Afficher les Fanarts</string>
    <string id="30022">Nombre d'items par page</string>
    <string id="30023">Taille de l'historique de recherche</string>
    <string id="30024">Taille du cache (Mo)</string>
    <string id="30025">Activer l'assistant de configuration</string>
    <string id="30026">Remplacer la Vue</string>
    <string id="30027">Vue: Par défaut</string>
    <string id="30028">Vue: Episodes</string>
    <string id="30029">Vue: Films</string>
    <string id="30030">Exécuter l'Assistant de configuration?</string>
    <string id="30031">Avancé</string>
    <string id="30032">Vue: Séries TV</string>
    <string id="30033">Vue: Musiques</string>
    <string id="30034">Vue: Artistes</string>
    <string id="30035">Vue: Albums</string>
    <string id="30036">Utiliser le lecteur alternatif</string>    

<!-- Kodion Common -->
    <string id="30100">Favoris</string>
    <string id="30101">Ajouter au plugins favoris</string>
    <string id="30102">Rechercher</string>
    <string id="30103">Bibliothèque</string>
    <string id="30104">Highlights</string>
    <string id="30105">Historique</string>
    <string id="30106">Page suivante (%d)</string>
    <string id="30107">À regarder plus tard</string>
    <string id="30108">Supprimer</string>
    <string id="30109">Dernières vidéos</string>
    <string id="30110">Nouvelle rercherche</string>
    <string id="30111">Se Connecter</string>
    <string id="30112">Se Déconnecter</string>
    <string id="30113">Renommer</string>
    <string id="30114">Confirmez l'effacement</string>
    <string id="30115">confirmer la suppression</string>
    <string id="30116">Effacer "%s"?</string>
    <string id="30117">Supprimer "%s"?</string>
    <string id="30118">Effacer</string>
    <string id="30119">Patienter s'il vous plaît...</string>

<!-- YouTube -->
    <string id="30500">Chaînes</string>
    <string id="30501">Liste de Lecture</string>
    <string id="30502">Aller à %s</string>
    <string id="30503">Afficher le fanart de la chaîne</string>
    <string id="30504">Mes abonnements</string>
    <string id="30505">Se désabonner</string>
    <string id="30506">S'abonner</string>
    <string id="30507">Ma chaîne</string>
    <string id="30508">Vidéos favorites</string>
    <string id="30509">Historique</string>
    <string id="30510">Mes abonnements</string>
    <string id="30511">j'aime</string>
    <string id="30512">Parcourir les chaines</string>
    <string id="30513">Suggestions de vidéos</string>
    <string id="30514">Vidéos similaires</string>
    <string id="30515">Auto suppression de 'À regarder plus tard'</string>
    <string id="30516">Dossiers</string>
    <string id="30517">Abonnez-vous à %s</string>
    <string id="30518">Allez à '%s'</string>
    <string id="30519">et entrez le code suivant:</string>
    <string id="30520">Ajouter à...</string>
    <string id="30521">Sélectionnez une liste de lecture</string>
    <string id="30522">Nouvelle liste de lecture...</string>
    <string id="30523">Langue</string>
    <string id="30524">Sélectionner la langue</string>
    <string id="30525">Sélectionner la région</string>
    <string id="30526">Ajuster</string>
    <string id="30527">Langue et région?</string>
    <string id="30528">Noter le contenu...</string>
    <string id="30529">J'aime ce contenu</string>
    <string id="30530">Je n'aime pas ce contenu</string>
    <string id="30531">Tous Lire</string>
    <string id="30532">Par défaut</string>
    <string id="30533">Inverser</string>
    <string id="30534">Aléatoire</string>
    <string id="30535">Sélectionnez l'ordre de la liste de lecture</string>
    <string id="30536">Mise à jour de liste de lecture ...</string>
    <string id="30537">Lire à partir d'ici</string>
    <string id="30538">Contenu que vous n'aimez pas</string>
    <string id="30539">En Direct</string>
    <string id="30540">Lire avec...</string>
</strings>

Addon
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<addon id="plugin.video.youtube" name="YouTube" version="5.0.6" provider-name="bromix">
    <requires>
        <import addon="xbmc.python" version="2.14.0"/>
        <import addon="script.module.requests" version="2.3.0"/>
    </requires>
    <extension point="xbmc.python.pluginsource" library="default.py">
        <provides>video</provides>
    </extension>
    <extension point="xbmc.addon.metadata">
        <summary lang="en">Plugin for YouTube</summary>
        <description lang="en">YouTube is a one of the biggest video-sharing websites of the world.</description>
        <summary lang="fr">Plugin pour YouTube</summary>
        <description lang="fr">YouTube est l'un des plus grands sites de partage vidéos du monde.</description>
        <summary lang="de">Plugin für YouTube</summary>
        <description lang="de">YouTube ist ein eines der größten Video-Sharing-Websites der Welt.</description>
        <summary lang="pl">Wtyczka YouTube</summary>
        <description lang="pl">YouTube jest jednym z największych na świecie serwisów do udostępniania wideo w sieci.</description>
        <summary lang="hu">Kiegészítő  a YouTube-hoz</summary>
        <description lang="hu">A YouTube a világ egyik legnagyobb videómegosztó weboldala.</description>
        <summary lang="es">Plugin para YouTube</summary>
        <description lang="es">YouTube es un uno de los mayores sitios web de intercambio de vídeos del mundo.</description>
        <summary lang="ru">Видеодополнение YouTube</summary>
        <description lang="ru">Данное дополнение позволяет находить и смотреть видео на всеми любимом сайте.</description>
        <disclaimer lang="en"></disclaimer>
        <language></language>
        <platform>all</platform>
        <license>GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE. Version 2, June 1991</license>
        <forum>http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=200735</forum>
        <website>http://www.youtube.com/</website>
        <email>bromix at gmx dot net</email>
        <source>https://github.com/bromix/plugin.video.youtube</source>
    </extension>
</addon>

Edit : Correction
(2015-02-22, 14:12)letac Wrote: [ -> ]50 videos limit in My Subscriptions list is to small for me. Is it possible to enlarge it, to 100, or more?

At the moment not...that's a limitation of the APIv2. I hope Google will provide something similar till may 2015 for APIv3 to overcome the limitation of 50 videos.
(2015-02-22, 15:34)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-02-22, 14:12)letac Wrote: [ -> ]50 videos limit in My Subscriptions list is to small for me. Is it possible to enlarge it, to 100, or more?

At the moment not...that's a limitation of the APIv2. I hope Google will provide something similar till may 2015 for APIv3 to overcome the limitation of 50 videos.
that's great news! Smile
(2015-02-22, 14:55)Trilip Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, here is the French translation update

Thanks...will be available in v5.0.7
(2015-02-22, 13:05)bromix Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers!

Ahh...now I see the issue...mhmm... Rofl

Update
Okay...this seems to be the issue of old saved view modes for each folder (before the override). I cleaned everything so no stored view mode exists....now it's working.

Thanks for taking the time to look into my issues - much appreciated. I'm running 5.0.7 beta3 and the searches are still defaulting to list view as before. Previous searches all go to thumbnails (as I always change it after a search to look at them)

Any ideas if it's an issue my side or something? I'm on a standard Kodi install with confluence as my only skin

Also regarding the region issue - next video that throws me the flag - I'll grab you the debug log.

Again many thanks for your time!

**UPDATE**

I reinstalled the plugin (actually renamed the Kodi folder in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming and reinstalled the plugin) and got prompted to execute the setup wizard which I'd never had before (I adopted the plugin very early on) - ran the wizard and made my choices - still the same issue. In my override view options - both were set to 500 after executing the setup wizard
I've been getting restricted content errors from all of Pixel Dan Eardleys videos and the Youtube Beta addon lately such as with this one: http://youtu.be/Hp0gI8KJw20