Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: This file is no longer available (but it is....)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there

I have switched my movie collection from USB disks to a QNAP 469L NAS.
I have imported all movies through the XBMC menu (SMB) and it worked fine.

Now from time to time, XBMC doesn't want to play my movies when I want to play them through the regular "Movies" menu.
The error message:
---------------
Remove movie from library
This file is no longer available.
Would you like to remove it from the library?
---------------
appears.

When I press "NO" and go to the Video --> Files --> "Share" folder, the movie plays just fine.

Any idea how I can fix this problem?
have you checked that the file path you have for your 'missing' movie is the same - press 'i' on movie to find path at the bottom of the screen - does this correlate with the path you go to in file mode ?
If all good then is it a case of the qnap nas going to sleep ? and xbmc seeing nothing when it 'calls' the path to your qnap
You can tell if this is the case by simply trying to play a movie - getting the warning and selecting 'NO' for removing it ,then giving it a couple of seconds and trying to play the file again. - if it plays ok then you need to have a look at the qnap settings
yes the patch when pressing 'i' on movie correlates with the path in file mode.
qnap nas is also not going to sleep, I have it always on. The problem also persists even if I try another time or restart XBMC Sad
I have also tried to remove all movies and add them again. It then works for a while and than the same problem comes back.

When I go to windows and check if I can access the NAS from there it also works.

I'm really running out of ideas here, what else could I try?
ok - first start with a debug log - paste the link here and let someone more knowledgeable have a look
Problem fixed.
The problem was not XBMC.
Somehow it was a security issue in Win7. It still doesn't make sense that I could play the movies through the videos menu but not from the library, but whatever it works now.
and how did you solved it? Maybe it's interesting for other users, who have related problems.
(2014-08-05, 09:24)David1977 Wrote: [ -> ]and how did you solved it? Maybe it's interesting for other users, who have related problems.

I checked the windows network again after the problem occurred. Than I went to network and double-clicked on the NAS, I was than prompted to enter the network password. I saved this one and since than it works Big Grin