Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
(2015-11-24, 21:12)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully the fix here applies to what you're referring to Smile

Works great! Thanks Wink
(2015-11-24, 21:22)woodside Wrote: [ -> ]
(2015-11-24, 21:12)ruuk Wrote: [ -> ]Hopefully the fix here applies to what you're referring to Smile

Works great! Thanks Wink

Bummer... looks like vevos are broke again on Youtube. Confused.
OK, I'll update when I get home from work.
woodside,

How you can use this module with youtube?

When I send a link to Kodi, Youtube addon play it, no this module.

Thanks
Version 15.1223.0

Changes:
  • Updated youtube-dl core to 2015.12.23

On Kodi repo, pending mirror updates.
Hi ruuk,

I'm wondering if a couple of resolvers can be added? Just noticed that streamable links, and imgur gifv links can be viewed in .mp4 quite easily which is very handy for Kodi.

For example: this streamable link https://streamable.com/qiz6 , can be viewed in mp4 by selecting this link https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/qiz6.mp4 .

Similarly, this imgur gifv, http://i.imgur.com/tGsSYNy.gifv can be viewed as http://i.imgur.com/tGsSYNy.mp4 , although not in a web browser, but very easily in Kodi.

Is there any possibility for resolvers to be made for these?
This add-on is basically a wrapper for the youtube-dl downloader core, so adding new resolvers would need to happen on that project. In this case it's a matter of enhancing the current resolvers for that site.
In your opinion ruuk, would these two hosts require their own addons to be able stream these on a Kodi build?
The Pushbullet add-on supports sending site links to Kodi and uses youtube-dl. Imgur is supported on youtube-dl but streamable.com doesn't appear to be so would require an add-on or someone to add support for it in youtube-dl.
Thanks for taking the time to reply!
Hello,

I have a doubt. I've installed "youtube-dl Control 15.1223.0" from Kodi Add-on repository / Program add-ons. I have Kodi 15.2 under Windows 10 x64.

When I go to Configuration > Advanced > View youtube-dl core info I get an error and this appear in Kodi.log:

Code:
19:27:29 T:6928  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
19:27:29 T:6928  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
19:27:29 T:6928   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named youtube_dl
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "D:\SOFT\KODI15.2\portable_data\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\control.py", line 123, in <module>
                                                main()
                                              File "D:\SOFT\KODI15.2\portable_data\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\control.py", line 47, in __init__
                                                self.showInfo()
                                              File "D:\SOFT\KODI15.2\portable_data\addons\script.module.youtube.dl\control.py", line 108, in showInfo
                                                import youtube_dl
                                            ImportError: No module named youtube_dl
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Which module "youtube-dl" do I need? I've downloaded "youtube-dl.exe" (from here http://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/) and put it in a directory in the PATH but I don't know if this is the solution.

How can I solve this "problem"?

Thanks.
The add-on already includes the youtube-dl core. How did you install the add-on?
Just curious if I'm using this the only way possible with the YouTube add-on: I really only use YouTube for long interviews/podcasts/etc., so I start the video, then go to youtube-dl, hit Download video and it downloads the currently playing YouTube video. There's no way to do it without starting playback of the video, correct? (Checked the YouTube add-on menus for anything but didn't find any download method/option/etc.). Thanks a lot for this!
Hello,
at first two things, thx a lot for your great work and sorry for my bad english! Big Grin

In the main time your module works very well but sometimes (rarely) I got a problem when i try to download a stream. The content that i downloaded will not be saved(auto-deleted i think. In the download information window i can see that the downloads begins but after it`s finished i can`t find anything in the destination folder. The log says too that download finished (nothing about interrupting or anything else), if i understand this message in the right way).
The last 2 days i was looking for a solution but i didn`t find a unerring description to solve my problem. I try to learn so much i can, read guides etc about Linux and Kodi...but in this case i don`t know where i should to begin and if it possible that i fix this problem manually by myself.
I use Kodi 15.1 on a pi2 (with berryboot) and the youtube-dl version is 15.1223.0(the latest i think). When i try to download a specific stream from Youtube (i use the youtube addon from Bromix) i get an UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 85: ordinal not in range(128)

log: http://pastebin.com/ZyUk2duy

Maybe you can give me a hint how i can fix it or where/what exactly the problem is? i haven`t any knowlege about the topic of encoding and for now i don`t know in which direction i have to search for a solution.
If i try to get more information over "View youtube-dl core info" in the advanced settings i get only the same Error message like serieofolio in post #86.

log: http://pastebin.com/MYziGM5s

I can`t answer your question in post #87 because i can`t really remember how i installed it in the past. >.>

Additionally i have a further question. Is it possible to convert video files to audio-only files. On my laptop i use sometimes the youtube-dl to download scientific or political talks to hear it on my mp3 player for example. It would be very nice, if i don`t need to boot my laptop every time for this task because my pi is the whole time online anyway.

Once again sorry for my bad english Big Grin i hope you can understand this and if you need more informations, especially a complete kodi-log let me know.

Thanks and regards!
(2016-01-22, 05:54)colbert Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious if I'm using this the only way possible with the YouTube add-on: I really only use YouTube for long interviews/podcasts/etc., so I start the video, then go to youtube-dl, hit Download video and it downloads the currently playing YouTube video. There's no way to do it without starting playback of the video, correct? (Checked the YouTube add-on menus for anything but didn't find any download method/option/etc.). Thanks a lot for this!
I don't personally use the YouTube addon much, so I can't speak to what capabilities it has. If you can't find a way to download from the addon, then the capability is likely not there. This is true for a lot of addons, which is why I added this feature in the control portion of this addon.

(2016-02-01, 19:17)S1l3NC3 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,
at first two things, thx a lot for your great work and sorry for my bad english! Big Grin

In the main time your module works very well but sometimes (rarely) I got a problem when i try to download a stream. The content that i downloaded will not be saved(not encoded or auto-deleted). The last 2 days i was looking for a solution but i didn`t find a unerring description to solve my problem. I try to learn so much i can, read guides etc about Linux and Kodi...but in this case i don`t know where i should to begin and if it possible that i fix this problem manually by myself.
I use Kodi 15.1 on a pi2 (with berryboot) and the youtube-dl version is 15.1223.0(the latest i think). When i try to download a specific stream from Youtube i get an UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe4' in position 85: ordinal not in range(128)

log: http://pastebin.com/ZyUk2duy

Maybe you can give me a hint how i can fix it or what exactly the problem is? i haven`t any knowlege about the topic of encoding and for now i don`t know in which direction i have to search for a solution.
If i try to get more in information over "View youtube-dl core info" in the advanced settings i get only the same Error message like serieofolio in post #86.

log: http://pastebin.com/MYziGM5s

I can`t answer your question in post #87 because i can`t really remember how i installed it in the past. >.>

Additionally i have a further question. Is it possible to convert video files to audio-only files. On my laptop i use sometimes the youtube-dl to download scientific or political talks to hear it on my mp3 player for example. It would be very nice, if i don`t need to boot my laptop every time for this task because my pi is the whole time online anyway.

Once again sorry for my bad english Big Grin i hope you can understand this and if you need more informations, especially a complete kodi-log let me know.

Thanks and regards!
I sent you a PM about the stream error.

The error with checking the core info is something I need to fix.

As far as getting audio files, the youtube-dl core allows selecting audio only streams. I'll thinking about adding a settings option that allows enabling a dialog where you can select from all the available streams.

Also, just FYI: Whatever method you have of running Kodi on the Pi, I'm pretty sure you have python available in the OS - which means you should be able to put youtube-dl on your Pi and run it from the command line. Not sure if this is useful for what you're trying to do, but I just thought I would mention it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22