Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: List Android apps?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to make a new section that will open the Android apps list directly. I know to open the top level of the Programs menu you do ActivateWindow(Programs), and ActivateWindows(Programs,Addons) or ActivateWindows(Programs,Plugins) will go straight to all executable addons. Is there a sub-section name that would open straight to Android apps?
I checked this and it lists all the available sub-sections for Videos and Music, but not for Programs.
It looks like the source for Program Addons is addons://sources/executable/, and "Addons" and "Plugins" sub-section calls are really variables pointing to addons://sources/executable/ (as shown in GUIWindowPrograms.cpp). Indeed, ActivateWindow(Programs,addons://sources/executable/) is the same as ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons).

So, what's the "source" directory for Android apps?
You mean the actual Android apps on the device? To my knowledge there's no such section in XBMC natively, but I don't use XBMC on Android so I don't know if such a platform specific feature is available. I highly doubt it though.

This seems more like the area of advanced launcher or a similar add-on.
I thought it was

androidapps://

But i can't check, i'm not home.
Seems like I'm wrong Tongue So that actually lists the installed apps? Interesting Smile
(2014-08-01, 14:32)MassIV Wrote: [ -> ]I thought it was

androidapps://

But i can't check, i'm not home.
androidapps:// didn't work. Neither did android://apps or android://sources/apps. Both just fallback to the root or Programs since those paths don't exist.

(2014-08-01, 15:10)Jeroen Wrote: [ -> ]Seems like I'm wrong Tongue So that actually lists the installed apps? Interesting Smile

On Android, going to Programs will list "Android Apps" and "Program Addons" (at least in Confluence with ActivateWindow(Programs), many skins haven't been updated). You can go straight to Program Addons with ActivateWindow(Programs,Addons) (which is what Confluence does if platform != Android), so I'm trying to find a way to open directly to the apps list.
@Jeroen. Yeah, but the icons are really small though. Maybe 128 or 64 px. You can even set XBMC as your launcher (And I thought even device settings showed as an app in that list, but not sure).

@elmerohueso. Display a label in apps window with Container.FolderPath.
Post the result back here.

EDIT: maybe try

ActivateWindow(Programs,androidapps)
ActivateWindow(Programs,androidapps://)
ActivateWindow(Programs,<result of Container.FolderPath>)
(2014-08-01, 19:34)MassIV Wrote: [ -> ]@elmerohueso. Display a label in apps window with Container.FolderPath.
Genius idea! The path is androidapp://sources/apps/

ActivateWindow(Programs,androidapp://sources/apps/) worked like a charm.
Added Programs to wiki. Plz check and edit if needed guys.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ope...s#Programs:
(2014-08-02, 00:59)MassIV Wrote: [ -> ]Added Programs to wiki. Plz check and edit if needed guys.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Ope...s#Programs:

I put a note in the wiki, but since "AndroidApp" is not a true sub-section name, it can't be used in the context ActivateWindow(window,sub-section), while the other listed section names can. You must instead use ActivateWindow(window,dir), using the full path.

When I get around to it, I'll make a pull request on GUIWindowPrograms.cpp for GetStartFolder (line 198).
Code:
else if (lower == "androidapps")
    return "androidapp://sources/apps/";

This should make the shorthand ActivateWindow(Programs,AndroidApps) possible.

Edit: Pull made. I hope it gets merged.
Edit 2: Alright, looks like the shorthand "AndroidApps" section made it into today's build and will be in Helix alpha 3.
Hi,

What I need to write in the guisettings.xml to run windows with all android application list ?

I tried:

<setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.heb.menu9.action">ActivateWindow(Programs,androidapp://sources/apps/,return)</setting>

but not work Sad

Please help ....

(2014-08-01, 22:19)elmerohueso Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-01, 19:34)MassIV Wrote: [ -> ]@elmerohueso. Display a label in apps window with Container.FolderPath.
Genius idea! The path is androidapp://sources/apps/

ActivateWindow(Programs,androidapp://sources/apps/) worked like a charm.
(2015-05-08, 14:14)yhaddad Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

What I need to write in the guisettings.xml to run windows with all android application list ?

I tried:

<setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.heb.menu9.action">ActivateWindow(Programs,androidapp://sources/apps/,return)</setting>

but not work Sad
I'm not sure what you'd need to do specifically in the Aeon skin (for that, you should ask the skinner for Aeon), but either of the below actions can be added to a button in a skin to open the list of Android apps:
Gotham:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,androidapp://sources/apps/,return)</onclick>
Helix:
Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Programs,Androidapps,return)</onclick>