Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Please help!!! Gotham killing me!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Used XBMC for YEARS

Updated to Gotham last week from PERFECTLY working Frodo on windows 7

NEVER would right clicking and "scan for new content work" ever. Just pops up scanning.
ONLY way to get new content was to quit out and re launch xbmc THEN it would get new content

NOW, not even launching a new XBMC will start the refresh for new content. For some reason I cant add anything new now. NOTHING HAS CHANGED

Is gotham just that much of a POS? Never had ANY of these issues before.

Any ideasHuh?
OK So I narrowed it down to one main issue with Gotham.

When I am in TV shows and hit right click "scan for new content" it scans, compresses, and nothing changes.

BUT

When I relaunch xbmc and it does the scan at start, it properly gets all the new media.

Is there a bug with scan for new info inside xbmc?

THANKS!
A Debug Log doing the first of these will likely tell the story.
Instead of "Scan for new content", use "Update Library", from the hidden side panel. The two serve different actual functions, and what is happening when you restart XBMC is update library.
And to add a little more, Scan for new content only scans the show (or folder) that you've highlighted.
I've found on windows the WatchDog plugin works very well to automatically update the video and music library when new files are added or removed.
AHHHHHHHH

That's what was going on!!

I see now that update library is different then scan for new content!! Thanks so much now it all makes sense you guys rock!

Now for a bonus question, anyone know of a setting or plug in that makes it so when you are viewing your TV or movie list, you can start to type the name on they keyboard and it will bring you to that letter? Like the same behavior in windows?

Thanks all!!
(2014-08-03, 20:10)apachehaovk Wrote: [ -> ]Now for a bonus question, anyone know of a setting or plug in that makes it so when you are viewing your TV or movie list, you can start to type the name on they keyboard and it will bring you to that letter? Like the same behavior in windows?

Thanks all!!

Shift and a letter will jump to that letter in the list, not exactly what you want but better than nothing.
Awesome! Sounds great! Thanks for all the great info everyone, such a great community!
guys im a total newbie on xbmc, im running xmbc 13.1 on my laptop, there are some movies not appearing in my library but i can access them in video files but the problem is if i play the movies they stutter and blurry can you help me out please...
First off you have to add the source to your library and make sure they are named correctly. Also what are the specs of your laptop? Stuttering and blurryness usually means its a terrible laptop.

I can run a 33GB 1080p file on my old ass athlon x2 based media center with a Geforce 640 perfectly.
@apache, yes i have loaded the source to my library, as i said SOME files not all, only a few movies are missing but i can still access them tru video file list in xbmc but wen i play it, its garbage my laptop is running intel P610 2.0 ghz w/ 4gb ram n win7 starter...
@bfphuket:

please provide a Debug Log while playing those videos
Hey any body have problem watching shows an the screen keep jumping an can't see anything but could hear the sound Huh?? If u do or no any way to help I would really appreciate it because football is here an I need to watch foot ball