Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi logo suggestions and ideas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok So how do I insert an image created on my computer?
I am being asked for a url instead of an upload?
Here's my attempt:

I had the same idea about using tapedeck controls Smile. I did end up moving towards a more legible logo while keeping the controls recognisable. Also, there's a certain logic to the stroke-width and spacing to help the balance.

Cheers,

Peter Hermans
Thanks! Smile

@cyrils: I tried something just now, but it doesn't look good, especially when the icon is small.

@blazer380 & uNiversal: Yeah I must say I'm (finally) pretty satisfied with this one, more than any other one I did. Also nobody can say anything about that "i" as it's both upper and lowercase. Big Grin

@Prof Yaffle: Good point, I would like the devs to tell us, as this is like the first thing a client is asked for when making a logo. But I can tell u what my last logo (the green one) means:
1. It's a multimedia software: the O (rotation) means process, inside the O is the K that is both a media symbol and the Initial letter of the software. The logo also looks a bit like a tv and an eye.
2. It's based on a simple 4 way directions: the O is made in a way that you can see the 4 directions (I choose Not to use 4 different colors, but it's a possibility).
3. It's flexible (both for basic and pro users): the O looks also like a rubber band, this means that the software adapts to anyone and offers a lot of customization possibilities.
4. It's a very "durable" software (it has been around for a long time): the green color is the color of nature and it also means "durable". And it's also a reminder to the xbox.
5. It's simple and can play anything: the K is white, the union of all colors (it can play all kinds of media and all formats). White also suggests simplicity in high-tech products.

And that's it. Smile
yep - what he said
(2014-09-01, 20:49)Memphiz Wrote: [ -> ]yep - what he said

Cop out ;-)

@samfisher - thanks for that - okay, so we have these as basic 'brand values':

flexible - adaptable, easy to complex, novice to expert, plays anything and everything, one-stop-shop
durable - in for the long haul, been around and will stay around, multi-platform so will adapt as platforms change
accessible, advanced technology - malus domestica white Smile

In terms of 'functional themes', we then have the multimedia angle as the core - very much focusing on the fundamental requirement to play videos and music, so we major on play/fast forward type designs, or the four remote control/Teletext colours, that sort of thing.

Everyone happy with that, or anyone have anything else to add?
(2014-08-30, 08:53)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]Kodi: The missing piece of your entertainment system. Or something like that! Big Grin

More like "Kodi: the center of your entertainment!"

I really like that image!

+1 from me.

Nice. I associate the logo with a (television) screen of some sort which is a good thing.

(2014-08-31, 21:53)samfisher Wrote: [ -> ]Image
How long is this thread gonna run?
I have the feeling that there are allready quite a lot of good options available Wink !
We are discussing it internally and then we will let you know how to go forward. Until then - let it out Smile
(2014-09-02, 11:19)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]How long is this thread gonna run?
I have the feeling that there are allready quite a lot of good options available Wink !

I have the feeling the quality and designs are only getting better and better the longer the thread exists Wink
(2014-09-02, 12:52)schumi2004 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-09-02, 11:19)Smobbo Wrote: [ -> ]How long is this thread gonna run?

I have the feeling the quality and designs are only getting better and better the longer the thread exists Wink

Seriously. These things are amazing lately.
Could anyone tell me how to insert an image? I keep getting a box that asks for a UR?
Thanks

^ The logo, white background.

^Impression of random splash-screens.
(2014-09-02, 14:17)Rickbcnu Wrote: [ -> ]Could anyone tell me how to insert an image? I keep getting a box that asks for a UR?
Thanks

That's how you do it - look at the images in this thread, they're hosted on imgur.com or similar. Upload the image there, link to it here.