Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbmcbuntu login
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello all, i dont know if this is the right place for this, but i would like to know if theres a way to change the session from xbmcbuntu to xbmc and vice versa through the terminal
Maybe....and I don't know that for sure, you are able to leave the gui by pressing CTRL-ALT-F2

Then you might get a login prompt. Maybe, after logging in you are able to kill XBMC or restart XBMC again. But for this, it might be better if anyone with more knowledge helps you.
thank you, yes this much i know.

But to be more specific im asking if there is a way to switch sessions from the terminal.
i imagine that it would be possible since its just a matter of the gui of the login but at terminal level.
(2014-08-05, 12:01)asko Wrote: [ -> ]thank you, yes this much i know.

But to be more specific im asking if there is a way to switch sessions from the terminal.
i imagine that it would be possible since its just a matter of the gui of the login but at terminal level.

- Go into the terminal by pressing CTRL+ALT+F1 on your keyboard
- After logging into the terminal type

sudo pkill X

and press ENTER
it may ask for a sudo password, enter it in then press ENTER.

and that will return you to your login screen.

Another tip:

If you need to back to the graphical interface from the virtual terminal at any time press CTRL+ALT+F7.

Hope this helps.