Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: keyboard help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all

I was wanting to know is there a way of selecting a letter on the remote so that the library jumps straight to that letter of my movies list on xbmc not the remote but in movies on xbmc. I have a lot of films and there's no way to jump to a movie using a keyboard letter on the remote as I have to scroll through all my movie library on my tv set to get to that movie I want

any help

thanks
(2014-08-09, 18:46)meridius Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all

I was wanting to know is there a way of selecting a letter on the remote so that the library jumps straight to that letter of my movies list on xbmc not the remote but in movies on xbmc. I have a lot of films and there's no way to jump to a movie using a keyboard letter on the remote as I have to scroll through all my movie library on my tv set to get to that movie I want

any help

thanks

Do you have a shift on your remote, if so then shift-letter should work.

Failing that SMS Style input works a treat with a remote

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...or_remotes
Forgot to say I use a ipad as the remote
will this work for the ipad to ?

thanks
Anyone
Nope, the keyboard inside the app acts as a kodi virtual keyboard (on screen text) and not as a physical keyboard attached to the xbmc machine.
Thanks. Is there anyway to quick jump to each letter in the movie library or is this impossible as it takes ages to skim through.

Thanks
Anyone ?
could this be added to the new versions of xbmc or kodi should I say ?