Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Issue with episode titles during playback in TV Show ISO rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've recently just invested in a NAS so I figured since I have so much space I'll rip all my DVD's for convenience. I have run into a bit of an odd issue with multi-episode ISO files I'm hoping there's a solution to. Now I have the titles set correctly so that it scrapes properly eg. Futurama.1x01.1x02.1x03.1x04.iso, and I even set up some episode bookmarks to start from the correct place for each episode. My issue is that regardless of which episode I choose from my library it always shows episode 1x01(Or 1x05 for disc 2) as the currently playing episode in the OSD. I've tried it with a few other TV shows with the same results.
Is there a setting I'm missing or am I doing something wrong with my naming convention? Or is this just the normal behaviour of XBMC?
Hmm I am not sure about that. However you may find a better experience by ripping to separate episode files, It eliminates all this type of problem. makemkv is good for this.
I would do that, but I like having all the extras available. That's why I ripped them as ISO's. Other than this I'm really quite impressed with the ease of use when it comes to ISO's in XBMC/Kodi.
Yeah just watching a Miles Davis DVD, nice!
(2014-08-11, 12:32)boredandlazy Wrote: [ -> ]I've recently just invested in a NAS so I figured since I have so much space I'll rip all my DVD's for convenience. I have run into a bit of an odd issue with multi-episode ISO files I'm hoping there's a solution to. Now I have the titles set correctly so that it scrapes properly eg. Futurama.1x01.1x02.1x03.1x04.iso, and I even set up some episode bookmarks to start from the correct place for each episode. My issue is that regardless of which episode I choose from my library it always shows episode 1x01(Or 1x05 for disc 2) as the currently playing episode in the OSD. I've tried it with a few other TV shows with the same results.
Is there a setting I'm missing or am I doing something wrong with my naming convention? Or is this just the normal behaviour of XBMC?

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens? Funny enough, the DVD ISO I tested the episode bookmark feature on was also season 1, disc 1, of Futurama, and it worked just fine there.
(2014-08-11, 13:13)Ned Scott Wrote: [ -> ]
(2014-08-11, 12:32)boredandlazy Wrote: [ -> ]I've recently just invested in a NAS so I figured since I have so much space I'll rip all my DVD's for convenience. I have run into a bit of an odd issue with multi-episode ISO files I'm hoping there's a solution to. Now I have the titles set correctly so that it scrapes properly eg. Futurama.1x01.1x02.1x03.1x04.iso, and I even set up some episode bookmarks to start from the correct place for each episode. My issue is that regardless of which episode I choose from my library it always shows episode 1x01(Or 1x05 for disc 2) as the currently playing episode in the OSD. I've tried it with a few other TV shows with the same results.

Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when this happens? Funny enough, the DVD ISO I tested the episode bookmark feature on was also season 1, disc 1, of Futurama, and it worked just fine there.

OK, here's the URL: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=266032.

Thanks.
Hmm, nothing obvious jumps out at me, but that's just looking for basic errors and such, so there could be something in the log that is just above my head. I'll see if I can find that ISO file and test it again myself. Maybe something recently happened that caused it to stop working, but it could work.
FYI I'm from Australia and am playing the R4 DVD. However I have played some other shows and I have the same issue. And the log should probably mention this but I'm still running 13.1 on w7 64bit. Do you want me to try 13.2 RC1?
Sure, wouldn't hurt. I can't remember if any of the 13.2 fixes included anything about bookmarks, but it's possible.
Nope. Does the same thing in Rc1 of 13.2...