Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PS3 Remotes have strange disconnect problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have 2 Openelec XBMC 13.2 boxes. One has a newer PS3 remote while the other is an older model. Both of which has connection issues with the Bluetooth Receiver. The older one will lose its connection once the system has been idle for a few hours or the system has been turned on from the off state. The only way that I can get it to reconnect is to remove one of the batteries, then wait a minute or so. The other, newer, remote has similar issues but seems to only connect once I plug in a keyboard and go into my openelec bluetooth options and hit connect and trust.

Is there something that I have been missing here? Are there any apps or processes that anyone knows of that may fix these issues? Also, while on the subject, is there a way to use the PS3 remote to power on and off the boxes?
Both of the remotes just power off, which is why I have to remove the battery as well. Sometimes the remote is on and the lights work, although, it doesnt work. My big issue is that the remotes just turn off, sometimes as soon as a couple of minutes after it has been reconnected.